• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian ATG Team- Open Voting

watson

Banned
Miller's cool at 5.

Wished more people had voted for Neil Harvey. Every bit as good as McCabe, if not better.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Gilchrist

Why is Miller at 5? Did more people list him there or at 6?
Miller and Border received the same amount of votes.

Lineup seemed right with Miller at 5 and Border at 6. Happy to change it if people prefer it reversed.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeah sure we're just gonna bat someone other than clarke at number 5. whatever, losers

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Miller and Border received the same amount of votes.

Lineup seemed right with Miller at 5 and Border at 6. Happy to change it if people prefer it reversed.
Yeah, definitely want it reversed. I'd sooner have Miller below Gilchrist than above Border.

adub

International Captain
Miller's cool at 5.

Wished more people had voted for Neil Harvey. Every bit as good as McCabe, if not better.
Miller far too high at 5.

No question Harvey could bat, but he's a **** (and a Victorian) so **** him.

Gilchrist obvs (doubly so with Miller batting in the top 6).

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Border's average is (marginally) better at #6 than any other position.

Miller mostly batted at #5, and averaged much higher at #5 than in any other position.

But, I am happy to go with the consensus.

watson

Banned
Border's average is (marginally) better at #6 than any other position.

Miller mostly batted at #5, and averaged much higher at #5 than in any other position.

But, I am happy to go with the consensus.
That's right. The No.5 spot was his natural position - 36 innings at 41 runs a piece.

A defensive batsman like Border sitting between two offensive batsman - Miller and Gilchrist - also seems more balanced for mine.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
His natural spot was 5 because he was one of the five best batsman in his side throughout his career. In an all time XI he is clearly not, so he should bat at 6 or even 7.

BTW, I'm wondering if this format (picking the 6 batsman first) means that when we get to the keeper, we'll be more likely to select the better batting keeper always as we don't know who 8 through to 11 will be. I found when doing the other draft, getting the keeper sorted earlier was a good option and you could always easily do say select the two openers and keeper, or 3 quicks and keeper at the same time to keep it going.

watson

Banned
His natural spot was 5 because he was one of the five best batsman in his side throughout his career. In an all time XI he is clearly not, so he should bat at 6 or even 7.

BTW, I'm wondering if this format (picking the 6 batsman first) means that when we get to the keeper, we'll be more likely to select the better batting keeper always as we don't know who 8 through to 11 will be. I found when doing the other draft, getting the keeper sorted earlier was a good option and you could always easily do say select the two openers and keeper, or 3 quicks and keeper at the same time to keep it going.
That 1948 side was a pretty good side. Batted above Bill Brown if I remember rightly.

Good point re selecting the keeper.

Last edited: