• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia v Pakistan (BRING IT ON!) at the Ring of Fire, Dubai-- 11/11 Thursday (N), Semi-final #2

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Proud of this team though. Rizwan and Babar, WAGs. And Shadab! The game plan worked seamlessly for so long, just had one weak-link get exposed on the wrong day. A team to be proud of when all is said and done. Here's hoping this is the beginning of a glorious Babar era.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The dew meant Aus were always in with a shot even if it was lesser dew than in Oct. But once Warner was dismissed and then Maxi too quickly after, Pak cud have only lost by bottling it, and they did.

But apart from the last two overs here, this has been as unPak like a campaign as any I have seen. Played to their plans, fielded brilliantly, ran really well between the wickets, ticked off all the 1 or 2 percenters all tourney. It's sad as I don't think they will get better conditions to win another WC but been the side of the tournament. Losing an important toss and then dropping an important catch did them in.

Last edited:

Gob

International Coach
Travis Head would have finished this with two overs to spare

Anyway nz are boned

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Seriously good chase from Aus. I was worried about Warner and he proved me right. He set the stage with Marsh and from there we pretty much needed a miracle in these conditions. I personally don't think that Hasan drop would've mattered much. They had enough firepower from there to get home anyway.

I think considering the conditions we're playing in, we needed a score of 190 like what SA posted. We could've gotten there if not for a) Babar throwing his wicket away and b) that ridiculous Cummins over.

Kirkut

International Regular
Who would have expected a Trans Tasman final. Like seriously?

In my mind England was already the winner unless Asif Ali went berserk and won it for Pakistan.

loterry1994

International Debutant
The dew meant Aus were always in with a shot even if it was lesser dew than in Oct. But once Warner was dismissed and then Maxi too quickly after, Pak cud have only lost by bottling it, and they did.

But apart from the last two overs here, this has been as unPak like a campaign as any I have seen. Played to their plans, fielded brilliantly, ran really well between the wickets, ticked off all the 1 or 2 percenters all tourney. It's sad as I don't think they will get better conditions to win a other WC but been the side of the tournament. Losing an important toss and then dropping an important catch did them in.
I don’t think Pakistan really bottled it. Stoinis and Wade times that innings to perfection there and targeted the right bowlers in the death overs. Pakistan were probably one wicket away from winning it early if they had gotten it you would of had the bowlers in next.

Gob

International Coach
Seriously good chase from Aus. I was worried about Warner and he proved me right. He set the stage with Marsh and from there we pretty much needed a miracle in these conditions. I personally don't think that Hasan drop would've mattered much. They had enough firepower from there to get home anyway.

I think considering the conditions we're playing in, we needed a score of 190 like what SA posted. We could've gotten there if not for a) Babar throwing his wicket away and b) that ridiculous Cummins over.
Yeah Paceman pat delivered in the penultimate over