• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia A in Pakistan

pup11

International Coach
Really happy for Ronchi, i think the lad has got great potential and i hope he keeps on improving like this, Jacques has more or less booked the test openers slot for himself and Hopes is also doing his level best to impress the selectors.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dougie Bollinger again.

I repeat my fealess prediction - he will play test cricket for Australia.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Not surprising to see Ronchi making runs in such a total. Scores very quickly.

RE: the players being kicked out of the academy; lets just say that I don't think that the apartments and those in charge were compatible with 20-odd young men living there.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Pakistan A 8/238 (Iqbal 74, Sarfraz Ahmed 56*, Bollinger 3/9, Hopes 2/21)

Pakistan have done well to progress to 238 considering they were six down for only 130 odd. But it does look like Australia took the foot of the gas and gave the likes of White and Bailey one over two many, both have nearly conceded 100 runs between them whilst MacGill (1/68) has also got some tap from the Pakistani batsman.
Fantastic figures from Bollinger though, 13 overs, eight maidens, three wickets and only nine runs conceded.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Bailey - so crap. Get him out of there already, honestly. Just because he's a leggie. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooOOO

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What's with Dougie and 3/9? Is he injured? Otherwise, why would he only bowl that many overs in that big a total? Or did he bowl 18 maidens?

brockley

International Captain
Good effort by bollinger hasn't done his appearances any harm for a test call,maybe he should have been given a contract ahead of gillespie.
Hopes 4 day efforts are good,but more convinced we should call henriques above him for the indian tour with watson in doubt,time for new blood.Will be pissed if hopes gets the call up.
Good game so far hope jaques can put it beyond doubt tonight,he must have the test jersey now.

pup11

International Coach
I think Bailey is really looking ordinary and even Cullen looks like a better prospect than him atm, Dougie Bollinger is really doing his best to impress the selectors.
Anyways i don't think Henriques should be going to India ahead of Hopes, first Henriques should prove himself in domestic cricket and cement his place in NSW team.

brockley

International Captain
Moises henriques can be anything.
Its a nothing tour to start,why risk watson.
Hopes is not the future,i doubt his ability to imrove his performances so far at international level.
Moises can learn with the big boys.
It really would not be a shock selection,the aussie selectors made a big call before.
Just see it as an investment to the 2010/11 world cup.

hardnut

Cricket Spectator
Bailey - so crap. Get him out of there already, honestly. Just because he's a leggie. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooOOO
I think Bailey is really looking ordinary and even Cullen looks like a better prospect than him atm, Dougie Bollinger is really doing his best to impress the selectors..
Be fair, he's only 22, and he probably hasn't bowled much worse than the other legspinners in this match. I assume MacGill took his sole wicket from one of his rank longhops.

iamdavid

International Debutant
It really would not be a shock selection,the aussie selectors made a big call before.
Just see it as an investment to the 2010/11 world cup.

I havent witnessed one that big during my cricket-watching lifetime. Even when Steve Waugh was thrust into the limelight as a 20 year old he had atleast established himself in the NSW side, its debatable whether New South Wales would even pick Henriques if they had a must-win game tomorrow.
I know he has huge raps on him but I still get the feeling he'd be a fair way out of his depth just atm.

hardnut

Cricket Spectator
I havent witnessed one that big during my cricket-watching lifetime. Even when Steve Waugh was thrust into the limelight as a 20 year old he had atleast established himself in the NSW side, its debatable whether New South Wales would even pick Henriques if they had a must-win game tomorrow.
I know he has huge raps on him but I still get the feeling he'd be a fair way out of his depth just atm.
Exactly.

Hopes is the only option I think. Apart from Bichel of course.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Be fair, he's only 22, and he probably hasn't bowled much worse than the other legspinners in this match. I assume MacGill took his sole wicket from one of his rank longhops.
Yeah, but MacGill's just as poor IMO. Don't rate either of them.

HEAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

hardnut

Cricket Spectator
Yeah, but MacGill's just as poor IMO. Don't rate either of them.

HEAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Well Bailey will improve with time. I would have liked to have seen Heal bowling in the one-dayers though. He did well for the AIS in India last month.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Bollinger finished with 5/15 from 14.5 overs, and Australia batted out the rest of day 3. Jaques in amazing touch, made 136. Fair chance that Pakistan will hold out for the draw tomorrow though, Australia are only 327 ahead.