• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aus XI india tour?

Gob

International Coach
n
Khawaja
Warner
Labuschagne
Smith
Head
Renshaw
Carey
Green
Cummins
Lyon
Murphy

Is my ideal side.

With Head bowling 10+ overs an innings also.

None of the left armers are better than Murphy and having two right handed offspiners.
not enough bowling

Gob

International Coach
Genuinely more worried about Travis Head than whoever you guys are discussing.

I’d just pick Agar tbh, if it’s a slow wicket they’ll all likely be useless but Agar may come good with the bat. If it’s a crumbling one then he’ll be fine.
How come you not worried about Lyon

I'd be pretty worried if a guy looks like Lyon lived next door

sphynx

U19 Debutant
n

not enough bowling
The part time spinners are there to pick it up.

In the last tour of India, the quicks averaged 11 overs an innings each.

They took 35% less wickets than Lyon/SOK and their ER's were 30% higher.

If it's another bowler, it's probably Agar in lieu of Renshaw.

Jfry

U19 Debutant
If maxwell was fit

Khawaja
Renshaw
Labuachagne
Smith
Green
Head
Maxwell
Carey
Starc
Cummins
Lyon

is my crazy side
I also think that ideally Carey should maybe be a touch higher - will be Australia’s 3rd/4th best bat but obviously won’t happen

Shady Slim

International Coach
if i was kommisar for a day the team would be probably

Head
Khawaja
Marnus
Smith
Renshaw
Green
Carey
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Murphmentum

it will not be that

thus my more "pragmatic" hoped team is the scg team minus hazlewood and agar for starc and the murph; zampa is my third spinner i would take, after lyon and murphy second, but we already know agar is touring and i fear swepson will be their third pick. we won't get a team close to that which i would pick lol

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
The more I think, I am definitely leaning more in favour of picking Murphy in the wider touring squad. Wouldn't have him in the starting XI barring an absolute bunsen like Pune last tour, that would be almost three spinners and Cam Green taking the new rock territory, but if (as seems to be indicated) it is a large squad being taken then he should be a part of it most likely

Gob

International Coach
if i was kommisar for a day the team would be probably

Head
Khawaja
Marnus
Smith
Renshaw
Green
Carey
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Murphmentum

it will not be that

thus my more "pragmatic" hoped team is the scg team minus hazlewood and agar for starc and the murph; zampa is my third spinner i would take, after lyon and murphy second, but we already know agar is touring and i fear swepson will be their third pick. we won't get a team close to that which i would pick lol
Head will start at least that's for sure.

Might be replaced as the series goes on. What they really need at five is a guy who has fast hands combined with a quick feet ala Michael Clarke

Shady Slim

International Coach
Head will start at least that's for sure.

Might be replaced as the series goes on. What they really need at five is a guy who has fast hands combined with a quick feet ala Michael Clarke
yeah in the actual team head'll definitely be at five rather than opening where i have him, but i just think head'll score more at 1 than he would at 5, as well as than warner would, esp given that opening head might get to face the pacers a bit more. it's crazy at first blush but it's actually so sane, people would have a hard time to process it

Gob

International Coach
yeah in the actual team head'll definitely be at five rather than opening where i have him, but i just think head'll score more at 1 than he would at 5, as well as than warner would, esp given that opening head might get to face the pacers a bit more. it's crazy at first blush but it's actually so sane, people would have a hard time to process it
haha I didn't see you have Head opening there. Actually its not a bad call even to do under consistent basis. I'd assume Renshaw to be Warner's replacement and they can swap Renshaw and Head around when they go to Sub continent and swap back out side Asia. Never going to happen though that is too clever

Gob

International Coach
The more I think, I am definitely leaning more in favour of picking Murphy in the wider touring squad. Wouldn't have him in the starting XI barring an absolute bunsen like Pune last tour, that would be almost three spinners and Cam Green taking the new rock territory, but if (as seems to be indicated) it is a large squad being taken then he should be a part of it most likely
David Warner, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Steven Smith, Travis Head, Cameron Green, Alex Carey (wk), Pat Cummins (capt), Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, Josh Hazlewood, Scott Boland, Ashton Agar, Lance Morris, Mitchell Swepson, Matt Renshaw, Peter Handscomb, Todd Murphy

This was the predicted squad and I like it very much

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
David Warner, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Steven Smith, Travis Head, Cameron Green, Alex Carey (wk), Pat Cummins (capt), Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, Josh Hazlewood, Scott Boland, Ashton Agar, Lance Morris, Mitchell Swepson, Matt Renshaw, Peter Handscomb, Todd Murphy

This was the predicted squad and I like it very much
If that is true, I think it is about as well as they could have done with who is available. Would rather a second proper keeper over Handscomb myself, but that probably is no issue providing Carey stays fit

Gob

International Coach
That’s a solid team right there…favorites to start the series for sure…
nah

Head and Warner could potentially average less than 20 and the second spinner is too much of an issue. Certainly a good squad (best they have taken over there since 04) but Axar/Ashwin/Jadeja plays how they normally plays, India wins