• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ATVG Draft

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I'm after a support strike bowler, preferably a leftie, to support Willis and Gillespie. He needs to bat at #8 and have a 20+ batting average to strengthen the tail. Hmmm ... Mitchell Starc (Aus, 26.97) with a batting average of 22+ fits the bill.
I forgot about Starc, wanted a left armer and went with GG instead. lol. I am one of Starc's biggest fans on this forum too, FFS.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Subhash Gupte to round out my attack
Was torn between him and Chandra. Just went with Chandra as he was bit of a freak while Gupte was more orthodox. But of course, the second greatest batsman of all time called him the best spinner he faced, so maybe I was wrong. :)

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was torn between him and Chandra. Just went with Chandra as he was bit of a freak while Gupte was more orthodox. But of course, the second greatest batsman of all time called him the best spinner he faced, so maybe I was wrong. :)
Haha my approach to this was basically going with whichever Indian leggie I'd be left with when I complete my pace attack. Gupte was a prodigious turner of the ball so I'll gladly take him.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Another update:

Teuton - Andy Roberts, Ben Stokes, Mahela Jayawardene, Trent Boult, Hanif Mohammad, Quinton de Kock, Doug Walters, Bhagwat Chandrasekhar, Herbie Taylor
trundler - Clem Hill, Neil Harvey, Shoaib Akhtar, Wes Hall, Michael Slater, BJ Watling, Colin Cowdrey, Tom Richardson, Subhash Gupte
honestbharani - Shakib Al Hasan, Andrew Flintoff, Shane Watson, Chris Gayle, Wasim Raja, Joe Root, Graham Thorpe, Gary Gilmore
Line and Length - Bob Willis, Brian McMillan, Glenn Turner, MS Dhoni, Thilan Samaraweera, Jason Gillespie, Shaoib Mohammed, Lance Gibbs, Mitchell Starc
Flem - Heath Streak, Tamim Iqbal, Sanath Jayasuriya, Ross Taylor, Craig McDermott, Nathan Lyon
Fuller Pilch - Victor Trumper, Mushfiqur Rahim, Inzamam-ul-Haq, Neil Wagner, Sylvester Clarke, Stuart Broad, Colin Bland, Graeme Swann, Che Pujara
Coronis - Alan Knott, James Andersen, Rangana Herath, Stan McCabe, Michael Clarke, Clive Lloyd, Terry Alderman, Hashim Amla, Gautam Gambhir
Kingkallis - Gordon Greenidge, John Snow, Jeff Thomson, Jack Gregory, Peter May, Babar Azam, VVS Laxman, Mark Taylor, Daniel Vettori
aussie tragic - Martin Crowe, Mark Boucher, Chaminda Vaas, Desmond Haynes, Mitchell Johnson, Zaheer Abbas, Vinoo Mankad, Kevin Pietersen, Merv Hughes
mr_mister - Graham Gooch, Harold Larwood, Anil Kumble, Roy Fredericks, Rohan Kanhai, Aravinda De Silva, Mark Waugh, John R Reid, Damien Fleming

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't recall you picking Chandra. Didn't Teuton select him earlier? (see page 11)

Teuton

International Captain
Hb picked him in the DC draft running at the moment. Has been a lot of overlap of players, more than any other concurrent drafts I remember. I have mixed them up a number of times when reading posts.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I don't recall you picking Chandra. Didn't Teuton select him earlier? (see page 11)
Hb picked him in the DC draft running at the moment. Has been a lot of overlap of players, more than any other concurrent drafts I remember. I have mixed them up a number of times when reading posts.
haha.. yeah, I picked him in the other draft and got it mixed up here. Funnily enough, trundler mixed them up too I guess. :laugh:

aussie tragic

International Captain
My spinner will be Stuart MacGill (29.02)

Imagine the superstar career he could have had if not born 18 months after Shane Warne?

Last edited:

aussie tragic

International Captain
#batdeep​

Player
Batting
Bowling
Desmond Haynes
42.29​
Zaheer Abbas
44.79​
Martin Crowe
45.36​
Kevin Pietersen
47.28​
Vinoo Mankad
31.47​
32.32​
Mark Boucher
30.30​
Chaminda Vaas
24.32​
29.58​
Mitchell Johnson
22.20​
28.40​
Merv Hughes
16.64​
28.38​
Stuart MacGill
9.69​
29.02​

Last edited:

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Two spots to fill - numbers 3 and 4. I'll take the versatile Seymour Nurse who batted anywhere between opening and number 7 during his Test career. His average at number 3 is awesome.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
PlayerBattingBowling
Glenn Turner44.64
Shoaib Mohammad44.34
Seymour Nurse47.60
Thilan Samaraweera48.77
Brian McMillan39.3633.83
MS Dhoni38.09
Mitchell Starc22.2826.97
Jason Gillespie18.7426.14
Bob Willis11.5125.02
Lance Gibbs 6.9729.02

I must thank aussie tragic. I did a cut and paste of his spreadsheet and changed the data.