• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Atul Sharma

Whats going on?

• Total voters

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bahahahaha

"The hours approaching, to give it your best
You've got to reach your prime.
That’s when you need to put yourself to the test
And show us a passage of time
Were going to need a montage (montage)
Ooh it takes a montage (montage)"

Love how Drago's training area is totally bathed in red.

EDIT: Mean beard by Stallone. Should have kept it.

Last edited:

Cricket_God

U19 Cricketer
VRV Singh is very injury-prone, and a major fitness worry. He can't field too well, with the ball going for a boundary between his legs. He's missed most of this year's (or rather all of this year's) domestic matches. So far, Zaheer and Ishant are doing a good job and that's all you need. Unless VRV Singh is the next Dale Steyn or Shaun Tait, he's of no use.So what is stopping him? I'm still not convinced about his fitness. He's still lazy on the field, when he should be doing a lot better, being a young fast bowler. Fair, he's got some pace. Fair, he can get more with a change in action. However, the lack of effort on his part to make a difference is startling.

From this perspective, I don't know what value Atul Sharma will add, given that these two bowlers were in the team solely on the promise of pace, and neither fit the bill. If you expect him to be India's express pace bowler, think, is he capable of competing with Steyn and Tait? Only then can he make this team. The India cap has to be earned.
Dale steyn is not express,Only Tait is express bowler in world cricket{150-157}
I do not believe the hype about atul sharma ,but just want to clear your misunderstanding
that vrv singh,munaf patel were not fast enough.Along with pace you need talent to be good on indian pitches which vrv singh does not have but he does have the pace where as
munaf will be a good third seamer in indian conditions also.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
haha 40m in 4 seconds. That is bull**** :laugh:
Well the top athletes in the NFL regularly do 40 yards in even less at the NFL combine, and they often get quicker as they get stronger over the next couple of years. In fact a corner back is almost expected to do it in 4 or less. The players at the combine are a similar age to Sharma and if all his training stuff is true it's by no means impossible.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I have no idea what 40m in 4s means in terms of professionals, but it takes me a hell of a lot longer to complete a 40m sprint.
Bryan Habana runs it in 5.1

The fastest NFL players run 40 yards (not 40 m which if far further) in 4.3. A 4.5 40 yard is lightening fast.

A sub-5 second 40 m is almost unheard of. A 4 second 40m is frankly impossible and laughable to suggest.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Bolt has a record for the 100m dash at 9.69s. This comes to around 3.9s for 40m. And it would be longer because of the acceleration time. Meaning, he is pretty much running Olympic gold levels? No way. If he is, he should be in the olympics.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Well the top athletes in the NFL regularly do 40 yards in even less at the NFL combine, and they often get quicker as they get stronger over the next couple of years. In fact a corner back is almost expected to do it in 4 or less. The players at the combine are a similar age to Sharma and if all his training stuff is true it's by no means impossible.
No they are not.

Firstly that is 40 YARDS not 40 M

Secondly what you say is false. 4.5 is an average cornerback speed for the 40 yard

To believe that Sharma runs a 4 sec 40m is naive and scary

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
And its even slower than that as the first 40 is the slowest part of the race. Bolt does not run the first 40 in less than 4 seconds
Yea, agreed. The build up take a small amount of time. He'd be in with a chance at Olympic Gold if he actually ran it in 4 seconds. I don't know what this Ian Pont guy thinks he is pulling, but its complete horse manure.

I mean, it has got to ruin his reputation right?

martin88

Banned
I've never heard the name Ian Pont except among the "Atul Sharma" discussions. I mean, what are his credentials? People say he is a renowned coach. Perhaps can some one put an end to my ignorance and suggest the names of a few players whom he coached to World domination?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Yea, agreed. The build up take a small amount of time. He'd be in with a chance at Olympic Gold if he actually ran it in 4 seconds. I don't know what this Ian Pont guy thinks he is pulling, but its complete horse manure.

I mean, it has got to ruin his reputation right?
Yeah, what is this guy doing sat in a gym for 3 years when the Indian 100m record is 10.3

This guy would break all records as he is the worlds fastest man according to the article.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
So he runs the 40m in 4 seconds, can bowl 100mph, has a great yorker and can swing it both ways?

Without playing a single game of cricket for seven years (since he was 16)?

:laugh:

cowboysfan

U19 Debutant
Bryan Habana runs it in 5.1

The fastest NFL players run 40 yards (not 40 m which if far further) in 4.3. A 4.5 40 yard is lightening fast.

A sub-5 second 40 m is almost unheard of. A 4 second 40m is frankly impossible and laughable to suggest.
this is not true.the cowboys have a lot of players who ran a sub-par 4.5.

usain bolt split time (with both hands on the ground start)is 4.65 for the 1st 40m.