• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Association Football Draft

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
GIMH
Code:
[CENTER]Seaman

Stevens    Carragher    Butcher     Pearce

Hoddle

Beckham   Gascoigne   Kinkladze

Lineker   Aldridge[/CENTER]

Uppercut

Code:
[CENTER]Kopke

Alves    Puyol    Ferrara     Lizarazu

Keane

Savicevic   Rivaldo   Maradona

Batistuta   Cantona[/CENTER]
Marcuss
Code:
[center]
Chilavert
Zambrotta - Koeman - Costacurta - Carlos
Gilberto
Figo - Zico - Hagi
Van Nistelrooy - Romario[/center]
Simon
Code:
                       Peter Schmeichel
Cafu	   Daniel Passarella	Paolo Montero	Laurent Blanc
		       Lothar Matthaus
Luis Enrique			                Alvaro Recoba
			    Kaka
	   Jurgen Klinsmann	Patrick Kluivert
Michaelf7777777
GK: Petr Cech
RB: Giuseppe Bergomi
CB: Jurgen Kohler
CB: Marcel Desailly
LB: Paolo Maldini
DM: Patrick Viera
DM: Matthias Sammer
CM: Michael Essien
RW: Zbigniew Boniek
ST: Ian Rush
LW: Christiano Ronaldo

The Sean
Code:
            Van Basten
Stoichkov                Litmanen

Francescoli  Scholes

Robson

Irwin   Rijkaard    Scirea    Thuram 

Van Der Sar

Samuel Vimes

Code:
            Eto'o  Raúl
      Gerrard Zidane Messi

Makelele
 v Bronckhorst Terry  Bratseth Lahm
             Casillas
Sledger
GK: Angelo Peruzzi
RB: Sergio Ramos
CB: Alessandro Nesta
CB: Jaap Stam
LB: Christian Chivu
AM: Robert Pires
AM: Pavel Nedved
DM: Andrea Pirlo
DM: Fernando Hierro
CF: Dennis Bergkamp
CF: Thierry Henry

Clapo
Code:
              Baggio      ST

Barnes         Laudrup        McManaman

Guardiola

Brehme   Cannavaro    Baresi   Zanetti

Dasayev
Matteh hasn't picked most of his team, and marc hasn't posted his. Anything particularly impressive there? Like the look of Vimes's side personally.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Sean's and UC's also great. GIMH gets credit for picking 11 players with the St George's cross.

Not much in it between a lot of these sides though.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Mine:

Code:
[CENTER]Buffon

Sagnol    Campbell    Ayala     Sansom

Dunga

Ronaldinho      Overmars

Platini

Rooney
              Ronaldo[/CENTER]
Pretty chuffed with it, all things considered. A lot of goals in the team.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Andriy Shevchenko to partner Baggio up front.

Code:
            Baggio      Shevchenko

Barnes         Laudrup        McManaman

Guardiola

Brehme   Cannavaro    Baresi   Zanetti

Dasayev

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
A whole lot of gun sides there.

Uppercut's probably the best to watch, Michael's possibly the most likely to win a League due to the fact that they'd keep about 6472 consecutive clean sheets. And anyone who did actually come close to scoring against them would get murdered.

Jarquis

Replace Gilberto with Makelele / Vieira in my side and it'd probably attract a few more people :(
Definite weakest pick :(

Uppercut

A whole lot of gun sides there.

Uppercut's probably the best to watch, Michael's possibly the most likely to win a League due to the fact that they'd keep about 6472 consecutive clean sheets. And anyone who did actually come close to scoring against them would get murdered.
Would Michael's team really beat Simon's in a fight though? Passarella and Montero- does it get any scarier?

I did quite deliberately throw everything into the attacking players early on. IMO the difference between Maradona and someone like Barnes or Litmanen is much greater than the difference between Nemanja Vidic- the last centre-back chosen- and Paolo Maldini- the first. I'm perfectly happy with a Ferrara-Puyol partnership at the back but if I had to pick another winger now I've no idea who I'd take.

Simon

My Centre back pairing is definitely enough to scare opposition teams, I went for a few personal favs with some pics but I'm happy with my team overall.

Johnners

Happy with my team, but would do a couple things different next time around. I could have gotten away with picking Brehme for another couple rounds, and gone for someone like Overmars/Hagi instead. That beins said, with Baresi-Cannavaro as the back pairing, and Laudrup feeding Baggio/Sheva I reckon the team would give most a decent run for it's money.

Think UC's team would shade everyone elses though,.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Think UC's team would shade everyone elses though,.
Not convinced. Too many luxuary players for my money, would look a million dollars with the ball but Keane would have to tackle for the whole midfield. Like the look of Vimes's side more; similar balance but Gerrard more of a workhorse to compliment Makelele.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
My team is obviously the best. Defence is hard as ****, midfield is ***y and the strikers will score until the cows come home. Easy this football lark, dunno what John Barnes found so difficult tbh.

Uppercut

Not convinced. Too many luxuary players for my money, would look a million dollars with the ball but Keane would have to tackle for the whole midfield. Like the look of Vimes's side more; similar balance but Gerrard more of a workhorse to compliment Makelele.
Pretty sure Keane's more than capable of tackling for the whole midfield :p

Vimes's side lacks a bit of width with Gerrard on the left I reckon. Would have gone for Freddie Ljungberg, who somehow remained unpicked, there.

Although I guess that's why I've ended up with an all-out-attack side and Vimes has his somewhat more balanced side.