• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Asif vs Steyn

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And no one is saying Asif was unequivocally deliberately taking banned substances, all that was said was he took them to gain an unfair advantage.
He could only have taken them with the intention of gaining an unfair advantage (unfair as deemed by The Self-Appointed Supreme Deities Of World Sport WADA) if he took them intentionally.

Thus as there is no certainty that he took them deliberately then there can be no certainty that he was trying to gain an unfair as deemed by The Self-Appointed Supreme Deities Of World Sport WADA advantage.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This whole talk about who took what is seriously annoying. If people think Asif/Steyn are averaging 23 courtesy of the drugs they took, all I can say is good for you..No need to come here and ruin an interesting discussion about two of the best fast bowlers at the moment.
Ind33d. It's like when people say bowlers who chuck can be discounted completely. It's not as if they're throwing hand-grenades; without an incredible amount of skill you won't become an outstanding seam bowler regardless of whether you chuck or take Nandrolone.

He could only have taken them with the intention of gaining an unfair advantage (unfair as deemed by The Self-Appointed Supreme Deities Of World Sport WADA) if he took them intentionally.

Thus as there is no certainty that he took them deliberately then there can be no certainty that he was trying to gain an unfair as deemed by The Self-Appointed Supreme Deities Of World Sport WADA advantage.
So the drug rehabilitation program he underwent when he apologised to his team and supporters and said he had learnt his lesson was all a farce.

Why cant you accept he deliberately took steriods, I mean if he can accept it what is your problem.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, if news hasn't reached me it hasn't reached me. Any link to an online article about this news anywhere?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But he doesn't. Asif has only played four tests at home (no tests in India) and averages over 40 in Pakistan. Averages over 95 at home against South Africa and in that series he could hardly be less interested. Home series in England or South Africa are the best thing for Asif's career.
Yeah, it's a bit of a bog-standard defence of a Pakistani bowler. The fielding's a big issue though.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
But he doesn't. Asif has only played four tests at home (no tests in India) and averages over 40 in Pakistan. Averages over 95 at home against South Africa and in that series he could hardly be less interested. Home series in England or South Africa are the best thing for Asif's career.
Yeah this. As good as I think he is Steyn is better simply because he's proven himself a real threat on flatter pitches. In Asif's defense though, he played against SA through an elbow injury.

Xuhaib

International Coach
broken elbow tbh.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Wow that was a brutally fun thread to read through.

I reckon this Richard fellow is still scraping the egg of his face. Steyn still at his peak almost 4 years later.

What a bowler.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I dunno what Richard has said but Mohammed Asif was the most talented bowler I've seen in my lifetime. There is simply noone I would bet more on to get the most skillful batsmen in the world out. Combine the accuracy of McGrath with the movement of Philander and the skill of Anderson and you have Mohammed Asif.

The biggest **** in world cricket though, and gaddamn he shoulda stuck with his mrs (but how many people can we say that bout) ****.

very disappointing.

Daemon

Any other bowlers that got the ball to seam as much as he did? All his best deliveries seemed to float up and just explode off the pitch.

Xuhaib

International Coach
if his mind stayed on cricket he would have probably ended up in the league of Imran and W's quality bowler.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Shoaib and Asif was my favourite bowling duo ever :(

Two of the bigger ****s in cricket, but boy were they good to watch.

OverratedSanity

Asia had the most supple wrists of any quick bowler I've ever seen. The way he'd send down those deliveries measuring even in the mid 120s sometimes and still be unplayable amazed me. And to answer the question, yeah I've never seen anyone get the ball to seam that much so consistently in my time if watching cricket. He made top class batsman like Dravid, Tendulkar , Laxman, ABdV look like amateurs with that crazy inseamer of his.

Shame he chose to be remembered as a despicable ****