• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Asia cup 2022

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
I
India matches have to be replayed with Pak/SL and they have to win 1 of them for them to play the final
They will lose that too. So lets keep playing indefinitely until India wins one and gets to the final. We are keen to be in the title clash match.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SL have arguably been the best side of the tournament.
Nah, gotta be Pakistan.

SL lost pretty badly to Afghanistan. Pakistan has lost one game and even that was closely fought.

Good tournament all round tbh, very competitive.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Pak favorites. The only issue is their India centricity. Its very possible they take the foot slightly off the pedal and SL are dangerous enough for it to cost Pak dear.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Pak favorites. The only issue is their India centricity. Its very possible they take the foot slightly off the pedal and SL are dangerous enough for it to cost Pak dear.
Nah Pakistan is usually a good knockout/finals side unless the opposition is Australia.
The only reason I am a little low in confidence is lack of runs from Babar/Fakhar the middle order is not good enough to keep hiding their failures

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is the toss thing just a coincidence? A lot of the games have been very close so it could realistically have gone the other way on a few of them and then we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

There’s little to no dew about.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Is the toss thing just a coincidence? A lot of the games have been very close so it could realistically have gone the other way on a few of them and then we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

There’s little to no dew about.
I do think there was quite a bit of dew. Chahal was wiping the ball a lot in the Pak game and the towels have been ever present. I actually think the chasing teams have not been batting as well as they could have and the new ball has been doing something in the late evenings when teams batting second start their innings. They lose a few to the new ball and then struggle to build but otherwise I still think batting second is a HUGE advantage there.

smash84

The Tiger King
I did think it was a pretty bad idea to be rioting in the stadium in the UAE after the Pak Afg match. Having lived there for a couple of years, the authorities are well known to have 0 tolerance for any sort of vandalism or violence. Seems like Sharjah police are out there arresting people by the hordes

A total of 391 people were arrested and will likely face heavy fines and deportation from the UAE along with a lifetime ban on UAE visas, as per reports.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Well deserved, though I hope no innocents have been caught up in this wave of arrests.
Yeah, hopefully not. By all accounts, prison in the UAE is harsh. I remember folks telling me that it's better that one get deported at the airport than to suffer prison there. Plenty of horror stories doing the rounds back then. Not sure how much has changed, it's been more than a decade since I was there.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Russell Arnold (?) thinks Babar is batting much more freely than in the previous four games.

Babar has faced two deliveries so far.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I actually enjoyed Ravi "tracer bullet" Shastri return in the comm box given what we had to endure through this Asia cup.
Me too. He's dialed down the obnoxious energy, looks like he's off the sauce too. Nice reminder that he used to be more than just a jingoistic shill for the BCCI once.