• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes 2021

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
That's a bit far out ultimately when I'm defending L&L's defence of the economy-class and pointing out how Burgey's posting about them looks and why the former said what he did.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Poe's law and all that. His response to L&L's post says otherwise: he didn't say, 'just kidding about that cerebral deficit stuff'.

Also, Flem, not using capitals: fine, whatever; but missing the apostrophe from " I'm " when not using them is a step too far.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
im thoroughly enjoyed how wound up everyone is by a comment burgey typed with a grin on his face. he knows how he sounds.
Don't spoil NotMcKenzie's spiel (and L&L's come to that) with a dose of context.

Burgey

Such an argument
I'd have thought my initial post re flying economy was fairly obviously a joke. Plainly the brilliant subtlety of it was lost on a few posters, yourself and L&L chief among them.

Last edited:

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
It says quite a bit about your capacity that Flem had to point something so obvious out to you. So you should worry less about apostrophes in other people's posts and more about your own lack of basic comprehension, tbh.
My second sentence was a joke, so you lack basic comprehension, too.

Burgey

Yeah but you need to make allowances for Flem here. It's not easy to switch between his normal profile and the Athlai multi. Things get lost in translation.

Daemon

It would appear the beach holiday has rejuvenated an old and fading burgey back to life.

I expect this as well the BG series and *****’s quiet comeback to the forum will keep us somewhat entertained for the remainder of this awful year.

trundler

The real question is whether it's a false dawn like Wasim in 1999 or the real deal like DKL's return from back injury.

Daemon

The real question is whether it's a false dawn like Wasim in 1999 or the real deal like DKL's return from back injury.
I think it's more akin to his favourite cricketer Tendulkar's tennis elbow injury which saw a slow and painful decline before a brief resurgence. This is the start of Burgey's Tendulkar '08-'11 stretch imo, though it remains to be seen if he will stay on for too long past his prime.

Burgey

Really looking forward to a summer replete with the subcontinental sense of humour, as seen in the last few posts from Daemon. Thoroughly engaging, entertaining, laugh-a-millisecond stuff as usual.