• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Around the world draft

kingkallis

International Coach
if Scotland had competed in the County Championship i'td be a yes. Alas, no.

I also think London county, though they had FC status for a few years, never competed in the county championship

There are a couple of Indian teams I have found not listed that did once play Ranji that no longer do, for various reasons. They are eligible
As per Wikipedia, Scotland did participate in Country Championship.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
can you copy and paste the specific section addressing their county championship participation? because I can't find it

kingkallis

International Coach
can you copy and paste the specific section addressing their county championship participation? because I can't find it
Under,
Before ICC Membership --> Scotland first competed in English domestic cricket in 1980, when they competed in the Benson & Hedges Cup for the first time. Three years later they took part in the NatWest Trophy. Their first Benson & Hedges win came against Lancashire in 1986.

mr_mister

Under,
Before ICC Membership --> Scotland first competed in English domestic cricket in 1980, when they competed in the Benson & Hedges Cup for the first time. Three years later they took part in the NatWest Trophy. Their first Benson & Hedges win came against Lancashire in 1986.
neither of which are the county championship. in fact both are LO comps. i like your enthusiasm but all these insane loophole attempts are really against the spirit of the draft

mr_mister

and i'll address your other question here: regarding west indies the individual country's competitions are not what are we going by eg the top guyana league. the official premier comp of the west indies is the one we are going by. so it's just windward islands left from that region

kingkallis

International Coach
neither of which are the county championship. in fact both are LO comps. i like your enthusiasm but all these insane loophole attempts are really against the spirit of the draft
:blink:

What insane loophole attempts? Few teams were added at a later time so I genuinely asked you a question after reading it on Wiki.

mr_mister

i just feel it was rather obvious the B & H cup and the Natwest Trophy are quite clearly not the county championship...

moving on

kingkallis

International Coach
Zaheer Abbas - Sindh

CricZo XI

Barry Richards /
(28,358 runs @ 54.54, 80 tons, 356 top score, represented team - Transvaal)
Zaheer Abbas / (34,843 runs @ 51.54, 108 tons, 274 top score, represented team - Sindh)
Steve Waugh / o (24,052 runs @ 51.94, 79 tons, 216* top score, 249 wickets @ 32.75, represented team - Kent)
Clive Rice / o (26,331 runs @ 40.95, 48 tons, 246 top score, 930 wickets @ 22.49, represented team - Nottinghamshire)
Imran Khan o / (17,771 runs @ 36.79, 30 tons, 170 top score, 1287 wickets @ 22.32, represented team - Lahore)
Ray Lindwall o / (5.042 runs @ 21.82, 5 tons, 134* top score, 794 wickets @ 21.35, represented team - Queensland)
Anil Kumble o / (5,572 runs @ 21.72, 7 tons, 154* top score, 1136 wickets @ 25.83, represented team - Leicestershire)
Michael Holding o (3,600 runs @ 15.00, 80 top score, 778 wickets @ 23.43, represented team - Jamaica)

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Vijay Hazare (Baroda) will be my next selection please

Charter 77 so Far

W. G. Grace
Glenn Turner
Viv Richards
Vijay Hazare
Ian Botham
Kapil Dev
Shane Warne (*)
Ian Bishop

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looks like we're into the SC ATVGs so I'll take Fazal Mahmood (North India). Played in the Ranji Trophy pre partition.

kingkallis

International Coach
Management decided to bring in dynamic Sanath Jayasuriya to join Barry Richards as an opener to intimidate opposition bowlers.

CricZo XI

Barry Richards /
(28,358 runs @ 54.54, 80 tons, 356 top score, represented team - Transvaal)
Sanath Jayasuriya / o (14,819 runs @ 38.39, 29 tons, 340 top score, represented team - Bloomfield)
Zaheer Abbas / (34,843 runs @ 51.54, 108 tons, 274 top score, represented team - Sindh)
Steve Waugh / o (24,052 runs @ 51.94, 79 tons, 216* top score, 249 wickets @ 32.75, represented team - Kent)
Clive Rice / o (26,331 runs @ 40.95, 48 tons, 246 top score, 930 wickets @ 22.49, represented team - Nottinghamshire)
Imran Khan o / (17,771 runs @ 36.79, 30 tons, 170 top score, 1287 wickets @ 22.32, represented team - Lahore)
Ray Lindwall o / (5.042 runs @ 21.82, 5 tons, 134* top score, 794 wickets @ 21.35, represented team - Queensland)
Anil Kumble o / (5,572 runs @ 21.72, 7 tons, 154* top score, 1136 wickets @ 25.83, represented team - Leicestershire)
Michael Holding o (3,600 runs @ 15.00, 80 top score, 778 wickets @ 23.43, represented team - Jamaica)

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
On the subject of insane loophole attempts, would you allow Cambridgeshire, who played in the County Championship up to 1871 (i.e. before it became "official" in 1890)? My recommendation would be not to.

No other teams, other than the current 18, have ever played in the County Championship (either before or after 1890).

mr_mister

On the subject of insane loophole attempts, would you allow Cambridgeshire, who played in the County Championship up to 1871 (i.e. before it became "official" in 1890)? My recommendation would be not to.

No other teams, other than the current 18, have ever played in the County Championship (either before or after 1890).
Wel make them not eligible