• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Archived* Whatever you like....

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone else found that Michael Carberry is pretty handy? In my current game he's averaged over 70 during the last two seasons in all first class games, and about 50 in one dayers, but yet strangely he hasn't been picked for England at all.
Yeah Carberry is really good, the bastard has scored 2 tons in each of the last 2 Championship games I've played against them!

James Benning is a similar case in my team, averaging between 60 and 65 the last 3 seasons.

Last edited:

Agent TBY

International Captain
Saw Tim Bresnan get a ODI call up despite not playing a single List A match for me. What's even weirder is that he performed well :blink:
I've seen some really bad cases. One of my best bowlers finished his career with 250FC and 420OD wickets. Why? He was always in the England squad, but never selected.

_Ed_

Still waiting for that England call-up...it's ridiculous that he hasn't got one. Best batsman in the competition for the last 2 years.

Attachments

_Ed_

An update to that, he slammed 246* in the last game of the season to give him a total of 2122 runs for the season at an average of 84.88.

Didn't play for England on the winter tour though of course. Another guy in my team did, Scott Newman, with his season record of 1209 runs at 48.24 seen as superior.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
An update to that, he slammed 246* in the last game of the season to give him a total of 2122 runs for the season at an average of 84.88.

Didn't play for England on the winter tour though of course. Another guy in my team did, Scott Newman, with his season record of 1209 runs at 48.24 seen as superior.
Sound similar to my experience with Matthew Wood on ICC 2005, scored 1600+ runs in three seasons out of four (including one with a tick over 2000 at 80) and never even came close to English selection.

pskov

International 12th Man
Not in the current version, but in ICC 2006 I had a similar situation with a generated player, only this time a bowler. Harry East was RMF and lead my Leicestershire team to who knows how many county championships but only ever played one Test. This was despite having a county average of 24 per wicket (which was exceptional for a seamer considering how spin dominated those versions were). But that career record takes into account his mediocre start to his career when he was picked very young due to lack of other options. At his peak he had four consecutive 100+ wicket seasons in the County Championship and never got so much as a tour place.

And in that lone Test he played he took 5 wickets at an average of 16!

bryce

International Regular
Still waiting for that England call-up...it's ridiculous that he hasn't got one. Best batsman in the competition for the last 2 years.
That's crazy, still at 26 surely there are a huge amount of more runs in him, at least he will own in the domestic comps haha. I had a Hampshire team with 3 batsman who all ended up as one-cap wonders and were all avergaing around 50 FC - Carberry played one ODI, while Samit Patel and Westwood played one test.

On another subject I think I better stop playing this Indian game, was alright with the super batsman but now I have a ridiculous amount of quality seamers that have come through..

Attachments

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
it is fair to say the bowlers lost australia this match, 2710 balls bowled in the whole match
I see the man of the match had a huge impact on the result of the match, its been nice to see ICC consistent with that aspect over the years. :sleep:

Shaggy Alfresco

State Captain
Somoene's going to have to release a film about Alastair Cook's 2022 season in my ICC game. After making a scratchy start to the season against the Sri Lankans, questions are asked about Cook's hunger as a 38 year old as he moves in on 200 tests. In the first test against the West Indians and his 198th, Cook is on 94* and certain to get the century to prove his doubters wrong. But oh no! A vicious beamer from snarling paceman Peter Vaughan means he retires hurt with a broken skull.

While in hospital and struggling to come to terms with the disappointment, Cook witnesses stand-in Adam Henry slaughter the West Indian bowling attack, finishing the series with several hundred runs at an average of 77. The commentators cast doubts on Cook's place for the 2022/3 Ashes series. Is it possible he could be dropped on 198 tests?

Cook having recovered from his injury means both go on tour, and in the first test the selectors make a critical decision. Cook is to open. The old stager bags a pair as England go down in flames, and Cook is distraught. Will he be dropped before his historic 200th test? Can England retain the Ashes?

The selectors keep faith, but as Cook goes out to bat in his 200th test he knows that if he does not perform he will be dropped. But, the incredible happens. Letting all his worries go, Alstair Cook plays one of the greatest ever innings the WACA will ever see, scoring 224 in a titanic display of his batting prowess guiding England to 527 in their first dig. England win the incredible test by 2 runs, and the Ashes and Cook's career are still alive.

But as his tour continues, his motiviation seems to go. Cook scrapes together 18 runs in the next five innings. Going into the fifth test the series is tied at 2-2. Can England afford to carry a batsman who seems to have nothing left to play for? The decision is made, and Henry comes in for Cook in the decider. The England legend is dissappointed, but understands. He announces his retirement from all forms of cricket, and celerbrates with the team as the Ashes are clinched 3-2.

Attachments

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Pretty impressive statistics there, and a good short story about the final part of his career. :) Interesting to note that he performed relatively poorly for you in ODIs, whereas in List A he was superb.

Shaggy Alfresco

State Captain
Yeah, I never picked him for ODIs because I prefer aggressive openers to defensive ones. I think a quick 30 is more valuable than a slow 50 personally.

Dr. Pepper

Cricket Spectator
I prefer ICC 08 over all the other ICC's to be honest. I don't like 06, I really don't like the animations although every one else seems to prefer them for some reason. ICC 08 is better than 3 because it's up to date, is very addictive and in the game unknown asian bowlers don't dominate the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.