• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Better 20 League for me. Will take a miracle to reach second, but anything less than Top Four isn't good enough.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Just wondering what a good number of Sports Psychologists, PR Officers and Financial Advisors would be? Never really thought enough about it. And also, do we know what form is based on?
Would love an answer if anyone has one. :)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
5-10 to for Sports Psychologists. PR and Financial Officiers is based on members and income respectively. The more you have the more you need. Form i got no idea, it just seems random.

Majin

International Debutant
Crap...

I attempted to throw my playoff game so I could stay in my league, because I'm nowhere near ready for the stepup, but apparently my orders weren't saved and I ended up going with my default lineup, and totally ransacked the div III team I was up against. Racked up 368 and bowled them out for around 208. So that kind of sucks, but oh well, I'll deal.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Magical Ponies vs Brackenhurst is on. Hoping to not get absolutely **** on top of. :thumbsup:

Ponies easy favourites against a Med/Comp Brackenhurst, but after promising batting displays against Got Spin (288/7 - Burnip 62, Hindle 60, Browne 43*) and Boulevard Bombers (232/10 - Browne 68*, Hamlin 59) I have hope we can make it to 200+ once more.

Bowling will be HI-larious. If Canning is playing, it's all over red-rover. C'mon Nady - rest the big man for your 20/20 games...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Zia!

4 Fernando to Burnip
Burnip uses his feet well and lofts the ball into the vacant extra cover region. Potgieter chases in vain as the ball skips over the rope.

...and next ball HE GOES AGAIN!

6 Fernando to Burnip
Extraordinary shot over extra cover for six! Burnip can barely contain his delight.

Fernando - either awesome or dreadful. Hoping I got dreadful.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
End of Over 10: Brackenhurst 72-1, runrate=7.20
Potgieter 5-0-35-0
Hindle* 36 (28 balls)
Abbey 2 (3 balls)

Will sleep happy, very solid start. Fernando getting Burnip who was looking very good. Anything around 250 and I'll be stoked.

EDIT: Hindle gets his 50 off just 35 balls. All I wanted. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jeithoon has early wickets, but i'm hoping Harris & Appleyard can steady the ship...

End of Over 10: 40-2, runrate=4.00
Willetts 5-1-30-0
Appleyard* 6 (6 balls)
Harris 28 (30 balls)
Last Wicket: Ludlow b. Jeithoon 4 (FOW: 17/2)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like Clapo's batting line up is harder to run through then i thought. Really need my bowlers to keep it tighter then this. Willetts is so annoying goes for six an over ever game, hopefully he comes back and runs through the tail.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Code:
End of Over 32: 124-6, runrate=3.88 
Matharu 6-0-32-1 
Meyer* 19 (28 balls) 
Walton 0 (2 balls)

Last Wicket: Orourke b. Matharu 8 (FOW: 123/6)
Just keep plugging away and taking that odd wicket before any of there batsmen get set. Pretty professional performance so far. Hopefully Murali can rip through their tail and they can't get one of those, "with a bit of luck we can defend this" totals.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
End of Over 40: 156-7, runrate=3.90
Matharu 10-0-54-1
Meyer* 40 (49 balls)
Groves 2 (13 balls)
Last Wicket: Walton lbw b. Muralitharan 9 (FOW: 145/7)

175 would be nice....

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
End of Over 50: 324-2, runrate=6.48
Abdul kadir 10-0-69-0
Lebohang* 44 (27 balls)
Beaumont 59 (43 balls)
Last Wicket: Dhanda c. Obrien b. Pace 93 (FOW: 244/2)

My other opener got 117 too. Pleased with that.

Bobisback

International Regular
Code:
8.5 	W	Tuck to Hiller
 	 	They've had to consult the third umpire for this run out……it's tight……it's out!
5.1 	W	Scott to Hocking
 	 	And that's out! Shorter ball, cut in the air and straight to Lester at point!
'nough said.

Majin

International Debutant
I'll be surprised if there us much gap between D4 and D3 in the West Indies.
That would be pretty nice, but my team really isn't that great at all, I think I was just in a really bad league. xD

My T20 league looks pretty harsh as well, there's one div 1 team who I think were quite high up, a bunch of 1 and 2# div III teams and one other div IV. So I think I'll get owned. :}

Bobisback

International Regular
Code:
And that's the end of the match. Dynamo Morpork won by 144 runs.
Dynamo Morpork	301-10
Four Pillars and Poor Fillers	157-10
Would be close to my highest score without Hocking or Hiller making 10+

EDIT:
Code:
Reporter's Summary
Four Pillars and Poor Fillers 	Dynamo Morpork
Top Order: 	superb 		wonderful
Middle Order: 	competent 	respectable
Lower Order: 	worthless 	woeful
Seam Bowling: 	proficient 	proficient
Spin Bowling: 	remarkable 	respectable
Fielding: 	woeful 		feeble
MOTM: Herbert
Spin bowling still down, my ratings are going to plummet over the next week and a bit, i hope i finish 3rd or 4th in my T20 league

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.