• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Further to the announcement almost a year ago that the Zebras were attracting interest from Latin America, it can now be officially involved that the Guatemalan Government, eager to advertise their country in the subcontinent, has bought a large share of the club, resulting in changes to the team name and ground name. Due to the Zebras close affiliation with a certain African mammal, the Tanzanian Tourist Board has also bought a stake in the club.

As a result of these investments, Zebras will now be known as Zebras Guatemala, while the ground name has been ammended to Maidan Azteca-Kilimanjaro.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Scaly, are you sure that I'm replacing Allstar XI in III.12? It's just that I lost to them in a playoff last season, and what with all the bugs around at the moment, it just seems like a bit of a coincidence that I'm back in the same league again?

Anyway, providing that is to be my league, I think I can live with it, and may even be competitive. Mind you, equally I may end up in relegation trouble, all the teams seem pretty evenly matched, what do you reckon of my chances?

Cheers, Trev

PS, Bugssy, doubt very much that I'll smash you, there are 22 players in my squad, and I'm playing all of the "Other" eleven! There's a very good reason why none of them are in my team any longer! Providing my two Resp, near Prof, opening bowlers don't do you too much damage, you should be home and hosed.

Jungle Jumbo

I don't know how competitive i will be but i am up for it, any ground so challenge me away.
Challenged, you can be the first team to grace the Maidan Azteca-Kilimanjaro.

EDIT: I'm presuming when you said 'I don't know how competitive I will be' you meant you were too good. I'll bowl first if you like, make sure you get a game.

Bobisback

International Regular
Won my playoff today, was upset, got up at 12 and it was all over.
6th place in my league threw their match, the auto promoters are whipping boys and so is the new 6th. Have a decent shot at top 4 next season.

EDIT:

Lol'ing at Sicelo taking 5, which makes his total career wickets 9.

Btw ***y ***y, better watch out, im up to Happy morale after that win.

note: I call Hakon ***y ***y Hakon or ***y ***y for short.

Last edited:

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Challenged, you can be the first team to grace the Maidan Azteca-Kilimanjaro.

EDIT: I'm presuming when you said 'I don't know how competitive I will be' you meant you were too good. I'll bowl first if you like, make sure you get a game.
Accepted.

Nope i wasn't saying my team was going to beat you, i don't think i have a chance against you but we will see how it goes. Goodluck champ.

Jungle Jumbo

Just bought this guy. Cost me £1.5m, but it was a more of a spur of the moment thing than anything else. I had to make sure I had a bit more depth with the ball. He'll be a useful OD player, maybe a second spinner in FC if I need it.

Neil Horne (123827)

RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A cautious player with respectable leadership skills and woeful experience.

Plays For: Zebras
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 10,814
Wages: £2,074 p/w

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: worthless Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: strong Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: competent

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Any recommendations on good playoff games to watch today? The Gurs are sitting on the runway in their private jet, looking for a jolly-boys outting!

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well I've got my opponents 54-8 so mine won't be lasting much longer.

And 57 all out in 20 overs.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

And that's the end of the match. Scaly Piscine CC won by 8 wickets.
Battel Bonfires 57-10
Scaly Piscine CC 60-2

Armstrong finishes it with a 6, their 39k wage medium pacer took 5.3-0-40-0... haha.

Bah only got phenomenal seam on GFI. Morale did go down to ecstatic last week tho, that and I only had moderate/fresh team fitness.

Last edited:

Bobisback

International Regular
And that's the end of the match. Scaly Piscine CC won by 8 wickets.
Battel Bonfires 57-10
Scaly Piscine CC 60-2

Armstrong finishes it with a 6, their 39k wage medium pacer took 5.3-0-40-0... haha.
Onya Scaly, good luck in Div. I

EDIT: Higher Top order and Spin then scaly... :p

Last edited:

cricketboy29

International Regular
1. Glen Cunningham £2,650,000 (opening price)
Plays for: Medway Stamina: superb W/Keeping: worthless
BT Rating: 22,453 Bowling: proficient Consistency: strong
Fielding: feeble

Worth it?

Scaly piscine

1. Glen Cunningham £2,650,000 (opening price)
Plays for: Medway Stamina: superb W/Keeping: worthless
BT Rating: 22,453 Bowling: proficient Consistency: strong
Fielding: feeble

Worth it?
Meh, hard to say - not a bad price by market standards. They're about 3000 BTR off the minimum, I would think it's unlikely to be in the stamina, so with any luck their bowling sublevel will be decent.

As long as you intend training them properly they're ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.