• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
Yep, yet again the better managers get screwed over. I've been shafted by all the bad stuff like morale/fitness resets and sponsor levels (or whatever) getting stuck, I get shafted over every YP bar one and now I get shafted by this because I'm smart enough to not duplicate net overkill.
And who decides who the better managers are?

I really do wonder why you play a game that you spend so much time moaning about.

And it's every little thing that doesn't go right for you, has to be a bug.

PY

International Coach
I have to admit Marc that it is really annoying.

I've spent 13-14 weeks (all season plus couple more) training my allrounder up from med/med to comp/comp and some guys would've had those in 2 weeks.

Just frustrating because I've spent a while thinking about my training sessions and it's taken me ages to get the right primary pops and then others get them in 2 weeks flat. :(

I think it's the fact it's happened to Jamee makes it all the worse. :p

cricketboy29

International Regular
PY said:
I have to admit Marc that it is really annoying.

I've spent 13-14 weeks (all season plus couple more) training my allrounder up from med/med to comp/comp and some guys would've had those in 2 weeks.

Just frustrating because I've spent a while thinking about my training sessions and it's taken me ages to get the right primary pops and then others get them in 2 weeks flat. :(

I think it's the fact it's happened to Jamee makes it all the worse. :p
Hey its happened to me as well, you know..:p

(I want some attention..)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
And who decides who the better managers are?

I really do wonder why you play a game that you spend so much time moaning about.

And it's every little thing that doesn't go right for you, has to be a bug.
Better managers do not pump 3 of the same primary net into a player. Better managers generally got shafted by the YP system last year. Better managers would have had high morale/fitness from winning when it was reset. Better managers would have won and so the sponsorship etc. that would have gone up had it stuck at a certain level. I don't know of ANY bugs so far that have adversely hit the bad managers.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
cricketboy29 said:
Im Definitely with you there, jamee, 100%, Thanks to it, Ive got a 17 year old strong bat, and 17 year old destructive prof. spinner,
So does everyone else now. Pointless.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
Better managers do not pump 3 of the same primary net into a player. Better managers generally got shafted by the YP system last year. Better managers would have had high morale/fitness from winning when it was reset. Better managers would have won and so the sponsorship etc. that would have gone up had it stuck at a certain level. I don't know of ANY bugs so far that have adversely hit the bad managers.
But what defines a "better" manager then?

I'd say one that takes it all in their stride, realises its only a game (and a free one at that) and carries on is better than a whinger.

cricketboy29

International Regular
I think they heard your concerns, scaly:p

Battrick said:
Excessive Training
Somehow or other, some people have been experiencing players improving faster than expected. Although we are not entirely sure what has caused this, we have now changed the method of training that should eliminate any further occurances of this.

nibbs

International Captain
hmm, crazy. they fix the bug after everyone has had their training, except for nz. which meant everyone got an unfair advantage in their recent training. firkin heck. i'm not impressed

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
But what defines a "better" manager then?

I'd say one that takes it all in their stride, realises its only a game (and a free one at that) and carries on is better than a whinger.
I take it that you think practically every manager in the Premiership is crap then, especially the likes of Wenger, Ferguson and Mourinho.

A better manager would be someone who despite all the shaftings still has a better team, more money and a better overall position than most who have managed for a similar length of time as far as Battrick is concerned. Unfortunately luck - or more precisely some of these bugs which act as levellers allow relatively crap managers to catch up or even in extreme circumstances surpass (for a while at least) the team and general position of a better manager's side.

Status
Not open for further replies.