• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
my friend could fill in as the 16th team, he just started but he has a better team than me

manager name is: slats

btw anyone know of a good spreadsheet to keep track of pops and stuff

PY

International Coach
Adamc said:
Thanks for the game PY. :)

Asterix XI 356-6 (50 overs)
Cuss 100 (76), Berry 96* (80), Barrett 40 (34);
Chanderpaul 2-54 (10), Malik 2-59 (10)

Boggles 155-10 (35.2 overs)
Singh 53 (87), Abdul Kadir 40 (59);
Gillespie 3-13 (5), Malik 3-41 (7.2), Cuss 3-46 (10)

MotM: Cuss (100 and 3-46)

Not a bad match for me, most of my guys had either a bat or a bowl. 356 was a decent score, though I was hoping to crack 400 since I had everyone on very attacking. Cuss was great on his bowling debut, removed the top three. I wouldn't use him in a league match, but he could be a useful part-time bowler in FC matches, along with Berry. Good to see Badley economical again, 1-21 from 8 overs, hopefully his days of conceding 70 runs in ten overs are behind him now.

My reporter's summary ratings went down a bit from last match, probably because I changed the batting order and let Cuss bowl. This match probably won't make a huge change to selection for next match, as I'm playing the bottom team in my league. Should be a fairly easy match, they've only got two good batsmen (openers) and one good bowler, and their morale will be very low as well. Not sure if it's worth playing on TIE or not, as the fitness will just level back to fair by the time I want to GFI, so it's probably not worth it.
Cheers for the game mate, got that absolute whipping I was expecting didn't I? :D

Not sure there's many positives to be taken from that game though. :(

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
nibbs said:
btw doods,

1. Lancashire - superkingdave
2. AA For President! - marc71178
3. Scaly Piscine CC - scaly piscine
4. Jamees 999ers - jamee999
5. Boggles - PY
6. Viveash - ash_chaulk
7. Boulevard Bombers - roseboy64
8. Whenuapai CC - nibbs
9. Kipper XI - cameeel
10. Magical Ponies - andyc
11. Got Spin - got spin
12. College Dropouts - brenoevo
13. Bushpigs - kears_falcon9
14. Robertinho Select XI - robertinho
15. WA - hoggy31

we need just one more side to fill up this cup. OH COME ON, hak ;D. or AdamC, ffs... woah-yeah! hopefully we might be able to get this thing up and running in the next fortnight
OOI!!!
i want to be in too!
VCC- Kwek

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
ash chaulk said:
The Australian International Team looks too strong to be true we have all rounders with over 20000BT ratings no player is under strong in alll catagories
where did you see that?!

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Just sold Street for 81k, not too bad for 18yo competent bowler with no secondaries. Helps my finances a little at least.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Just picked this guy up for 1k:
Keith Bentley - 19 yo, BT Rating=1,930
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, competent form, Healthy
An attacking player with woeful leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: feeble
Fielding: woeful

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My batting all-rounder Dylan Dillon popped in bowling (RH spin) to mediocre (woeful consistency) which means I'll probably have to play on another hard and fast track to see how he compares with the other bowlers. He's only in feeble form, but all my other bowling options are feeble-mediocre - I have RFM, RM, RF who're all feeble-mediocre with varying secondaries. Would be a lot easier if I had just 1 other decent bowler to pick...

Think I'll have to play my league game against the bottom side on TIE - don't seem to lose much in the ratings when you're lowish to start with.

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
1. Lancashire - superkingdave
2. AA For President! - marc71178
3. Scaly Piscine CC - scaly piscine
4. Jamees 999ers - jamee999
5. Boggles - PY
6. Viveash - ash_chaulk
7. Boulevard Bombers - roseboy64
8. Whenuapai CC - nibbs
9. Kipper XI - cameeel
10. Magical Ponies - andyc
11. Got Spin - got spin
12. College Dropouts - brenoevo
13. Bushpigs - kears_falcon9
14. Robertinho Select XI - robertinho
15. WA - hoggy31
16. VCC - kwek

we have our sixteen so we can start this week, ill sort out the groups asap

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Atkins bowling popped to mediocre and his consistency to respectable so i think ill keep him now. Abdul Kadir's conc also popped.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Adamc said:
Just sold Street for 81k, not too bad for 18yo competent bowler with no secondaries. Helps my finances a little at least.
I saw him on the market-- I can't believe someone actually bought him

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Not a bad training update, double pops for both my main trainees. Badley popping in cons and stamina (now proficient bowl, feeble cons and woeful stam - exactly the same as my second-best bowler, Male) and Malik popping in conc and cons. Fielding training really seems to work quite rapidly on the secondaries.

Last edited:

nibbs

International Captain
lennon popped to proficient batting, that being the only pop this week for me...

also, i'm running for the NZ u19 job, so if any of you are able to vote, then vote for me, woah-yeah, id: 1569

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
nibbs said:
lennon popped to proficient batting, that being the only pop this week for me...

also, i'm running for the NZ u19 job, so if any of you are able to vote, then vote for me, woah-yeah, id: 1569
Inspirational Nibbs. I would vote for you, but I can't. I'm running for WI NT manager, mainly because there's only one other candidate thus far, though I'm sure I'll lose anyway. So, anyone from WI, vote 1766! :ph34r:

Status
Not open for further replies.