• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Am currently having Rob's batsmens teaching my bowlers a thing or to

End of Over 23: 139-1, runrate=6.04
Erasmus 2-0-3-0
Makel* 60 (75 balls)
Saunders 41 (33 balls)
Last Wicket: Mccammon st. Parr b. Giles 31 (FOW: 77/1)

Erasmus keeping it tight again thankfully. It's a dusty pitch, yet both Tedstone and Giles were fairly expensive, but hopefully Erasmus can take a few.

andyc

GoT_SpIn said:
Thats annoying, Mccammon got out very cheaply :(
But Saunders- what a star.

Managed to restrict them to 9/283, Erasmus taking 5/45, and Saunders making 119* off 98. Grady didn't help the cause with his 17 off 50 balls. Meanwhile, I'm 0/18 off four as I log in from Sydney Airport (am going to Hong Kong for a few days to look at some schools).

Hoggy31

International Captain
End of Over 40: 248-1, runrate=6.20, reqrunrate=9.10 (338-7)
Maxfield 10-0-71-1
Colley* 105 (124 balls)
Rowe 72 (74 balls)

Hmm, Gettable...

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
andyc said:
But Saunders- what a star.

Managed to restrict them to 9/283, Erasmus taking 5/45, and Saunders making 119* off 98. Grady didn't help the cause with his 17 off 50 balls. Meanwhile, I'm 0/18 off four as I log in from Sydney Airport (am going to Hong Kong for a few days to look at some schools).
lol did Grady get 17 off 50 balls. i was going to put him down the batting order but forgot the orders.

Anyway good win for yourself. Poor performance

ash chaulk

International Captain
my youth pull 30 ITS used

10 stamina
10 bowling
10 consistency

Daren Kilkenny - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,811
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A destructive player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: respectable Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: feeble

Scaly piscine

Cracked pitch had the desired effect in my cup game, bowled out the opposition for 137 after a dramatic collapse and chased it down in 21.1 overs with 7 wickets remaining. Ratings:

Scaly Piscine CC Team Tomba
Top Order: respectable superb
Middle Order: respectable feeble
Lower Order: woeful abysmal
Seam Bowling: respectable respectable
Spin Bowling: proficient useless
Fielding: mediocre feeble

Wickets were shared around 4 bowlers, with the other getting 5-0-48-0.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Code:
0.4 	b4	Louis to Graddon
 	 	You'd hope Ashton is in the team for his batting because that keeping effort was pathetic.
0.3 	.	Louis to Graddon
 	 	On the toes, pushed to the ground, tempted for the single but Louis quick on the ball.
0.2 	b4	Louis to Graddon
 	 	Batsman's missed it, wicket keeper's missed it, fine leg missed it. Four byes.
0.1 	b2	Louis to Graddon
 	 	Ashton was clearly distracted there, he didn't see that one coming at all.
Who are you and what have you done to my wicketkeeper?!

Will be interesting to see if I get away with TIEing this one. Watkins is opening the bowling today (just picked up a wicket in his first over), put him down at no. 8 so hopefully won't have to bat.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
If you're after an older player with say mediocre secondaries, could be anything from 250-500k, someone younger (<20) will cost quite a lot. Hard to say with any accuracy but it won't be cheap.

nibbs

International Captain
Big announcement out of Whenuapai CC this morning is that I will probably be looking at selling my team's all time greatest bowler James Holmes, when our cup run comes to an end. He is 27 now, and has areas that I think need to be worked on, but I don't see the value in investing nets in him, as I'll probably be able to sell him and buy someone similiar, but 5-6 years younger.

I figure I'll look at getting about $1-$1.2 million for him. He is a superb bowler, having taken 136 wickets @ 11.75 in his career to date. I remain hopeful that someone with that amount of money will be very interested in this player who has proved to be very very useful in his career to date. This decision was pretty dam hard to come by due to how close I feel James and I have become, but I think with the future in mind, it is the right decision for the team to move foward, and be competitive when we eventually promote to division II.

nibbs

International Captain
Queenstown Reigns are 140/4 after 25 overs. So far they have proved pretty annoying when it comes to taking wickets. My side is TIEing today, which should send our fitness up and over energetic. I'll be able to TIE my next league match, so potentially we could be looking at hitting sublime in the coming weeks. Of the teams left in NZ, my side would be about the 53rd seed remaining. Round 6 is when I expect things to start getting interesting. I should be able to avoid State Shield sides, but I'll face decent enough division II opposition. However, with my sides could fitness level at the moment, I'm confident we'll be able to beat such opposition. However, when, and if, we are able to reach round 7 (or the last 32, as we face for the past 2 seasons) I expect there's a good chance I'll have to face a side from NZs top league. I think that this time around we should be able to put up a much better fight though. My side has just record superb top order ratings while TIEing, while over the past week weekend, State Sheild sides only managed strong. Perhaps batting second, my side might stand a chance chasing down a total. yeh!

End of Over 25: 140-4, runrate=5.60
Henshaw 6-0-27-2
Mbeki* 28 (32 balls)
Nevin 11 (6 balls)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Cruised through my cup match by 10 wickets on TIE, a lot easier than I expected. Bowled them out for 164 (Malik 4-35, Watkins 3-37) then chased the runs in 27 overs (Cuss 82*, Wynand 81*).
Code:
	  [B]Legion of Doom        Asterix XI[/B]
Top Order: 	competent  	strong
Middle Order: 	mediocre 	mediocre
Lower Order: 	abysmal 	mediocre
Seam Bowling: 	competent 	proficient
Spin Bowling: 	competent 	respectable
Fielding: 	woeful 	        feeble
Nice lower order rating on account of Watkins being at 8. Next week's cup opponent is a bit better, but I'll probably TIE again depending on how I go in Friday's match (which I suspect I will TIE as well).

Trespassers W
Top Order: proficient
Middle Order: competent
Lower Order: abysmal
Seam Bowling: respectable
Spin Bowling: useless
Fielding: woeful

Scaly piscine

Hmm, I'm getting quite close to your ratings albeit on PAN.

ratings in the league (I got respectable-respectable top/middle order when I shuffled the batting order in the cup)

Top Order: strong
Middle Order: mediocre
Lower Order: woeful
Seam Bowling: respectable
Spin Bowling: proficient
Fielding: mediocre

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Mmm, I'm about a level up in each category when I PAN, got superb/prof/superb/prof (top/middle/seam/spin) on Friday, though some of the ratings drop will be due to losing morale. I want to see what top order rating I get if I have Cuss, Watkins and Wynand as the top order, might try it on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.