• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

nooga99

U19 12th Man
The Goon Pimps all out 208
Lovegrove 5/16
Unsworth 2/37

D.C.C 4/209
Mansfield 111*
Corcoran 45*

D.C.C The Goon Pimps
proficient strong
competent competent
abysmal abysmal
quality competent
sensational proficient
competent mediocre

brenoevo

U19 12th Man
Won my league game today by 26 runs.
College Dropouts 6/376 50 overs
Jayasuriya 149 (118) MOTM
Vincent 79 (79)
Adams 74 (60) not out
Mccarthy 5/71

aRu 3/350 50 overs
Christiaan 153 (131)
Farley 77 (44) not out
Bodfish 64 (111)

aRu College Dropouts
Top Order: proficient remarkable
Middle Order: mediocre mediocre
Lower Order: abysmal woeful
Seam Bowling: mediocre respectable
Spin Bowling: competent useless
Fielding: mediocre mediocre
my first remarkable rating

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Jeeze, you get remarkable top order rating with two strongs.

Lost my match today as expected. Guy had wonderful spin and such.

Saunders scored another hundred but Ridgewell failed

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No bots in my league :(

If I use my star all rounder to only bat, does that tire him as much as if I put him to bowl as well?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Yep no bots in my league, there's only 3 teams i can beat in my league, my morale is on hopeful.

Playing one of the teams i can beat today 31-1 in the 5th despite, Magloire throwing his wicket away.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Match between two of the best teams in BT on right now - http://www.battrick.org/nl/matchInfo.asp?matchID=196215

Thommos Trojans are in the English cup final, Ladbroke Rovers are awesome (they bought Patel, that wonderful bowler). Unfortunately for Thommo, he has the Rovers this week and on Sunday he has AFC Wimbledon in the cup final. Imagine his dilemma? "Cup... league... cup... league..."

Cloete

International Captain
Firewithin 166 All Out
Bhutia 3/30 (10), Dyer 3/39 (9.1) [Moodley 1/27 (10) :@:@]

Roar CC 0/170 (24.4)
Hamed 105* (83), Ghandi 63* (66)

Code:
                 Roar CC  	FireWithin
Top Order: 	respectable 	woeful
Middle Order: 	feeble 	        feeble
Lower Order: 	woeful 	        woeful
Seam Bowling: 	mediocre 	woeful
Spin Bowling: 	quality 	woeful
Fielding: 	mediocre 	feeble

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Robertinho said:
Match between two of the best teams in BT on right now - http://www.battrick.org/nl/matchInfo.asp?matchID=196215

Thommos Trojans are in the English cup final, Ladbroke Rovers are awesome (they bought Patel, that wonderful bowler). Unfortunately for Thommo, he has the Rovers this week and on Sunday he has AFC Wimbledon in the cup final. Imagine his dilemma? "Cup... league... cup... league..."
What an idiot buying Patel.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Opponents are 83-2 off 22.1 overs on a green pitch, I should beat this team, tho annoyingly their two destructive bats are in at the moment. My worst two bowlers took the wickets - their bowling is rubbish tho so I should chase most totals down with strong top order versus mediocre seam/spin.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Considering Adam paid 1.4million for a Quality, 2.75 for a Wonderful isn't that bad. Besides, he absolutely tears it up...

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Robertinho said:
Considering Adam paid 1.4million for a Quality, 2.75 for a Wonderful isn't that bad. Besides, he absolutely tears it up...
And he has proficient batting, superb stamina and outlandish secondaries. Doobie Bombers in my league is just about to buy a wonderful bowler for 2 million, he's in the Aus U19 squad - I'm desperately hoping that he'll be picked for the NT next season so I won't have to face him in FC matches.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
Even though he has forked out for a player who will only be able to play for him occasionaly, due to international commitments his wages are most likely to be huge next season. Not only will he be out of pocket there is a chance he could be paying over 40k each week just for him, not to mention his other huge purchases Shaun Connelly (£1,757,495) and Gary Yeomans (£1,495,000)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
GoT_SpIn said:
Even though he has forked out for a player who will only be able to play for him occasionaly, due to international commitments his wages are most likely to be huge next season. Not only will he be out of pocket there is a chance he could be paying over 40k each week just for him, not to mention his other huge purchases Shaun Connelly (£1,757,495) and Gary Yeomans (£1,495,000)
Well no, he'll be reimbursed 2/3rds of the wage each week, so even if he ends up with a 60k wage he'll only have to pay 20k per week, which isn't much (think about how much you're paying your staff). I don't see what's wrong with his other huge purchases really, I think the fact that not that many people have money at the moment means that good players tend to go for a lot less than they're actually worth. Granted Patel will miss matches due to international commitments, but really 2.75m is nothing for a guy that good.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
Well no, he'll be reimbursed 2/3rds of the wage each week, so even if he ends up with a 60k wage he'll only have to pay 20k per week, which isn't much (think about how much you're paying your staff). I don't see what's wrong with his other huge purchases really, I think the fact that not that many people have money at the moment means that good players tend to go for a lot less than they're actually worth. Granted Patel will miss matches due to international commitments, but really 2.75m is nothing for a guy that good.
Still means that he will be paying over 20k per week for a player he is only able to use him sparingly. Though i do agree that many good players are going very cheaply.

Had a quite a look over the transfer market and there a few national and u19 players up for sale. Wonder why 8-)

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Speaking of the transfer market, how does this guy get a bid of 400k!?

Ben Everard (326552)
LH Batsman, LF Bowler, superb batting form, proficient bowling form, changeable
A cautious player with proficient leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: victoria drivers
Nationality: South Africa
Battrick Rating: 7,687
Wages: £584 p/w
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: respectable
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: feeble
Fielding: mediocre

PY

International Coach
Debate for the day, do I bowl my prof bowling/abysmal cons/abysmal stamina guy or my med bowling/strong cons/resp stamina against the best team in my league?

Decisions decisions.....hoping my med bowler pops on Monday I think. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.