• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Andy Roberts vs Courtney Walsh

Who was the greater test bowler?

• Andy Roberts

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Courtney Walsh

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He varied the speed of his bouncers didn't he? The first one was a relatively slow sighter, which a good batsman could help on its way. The second one much faster, often resulting in the batman being helped on his way back to the changing room.
The late David Hookes found this out to his detriment

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Walsh always underrated on here.

Then again it might just be because him and Ambrose together are one of the first things I can really remember about cricket.
Yup, that's how it works. Along those lines, the other thing that I meant to say about Roberts is that people of my generation will remember is his impact on the county game for Hampshire in the early 1970s. Admittedly having Barry Richards and Gordon Greenidge at the top of the order helped, but the arrival of Roberts made a massive difference; title winners in 1973 and runners up in 1974, after being nowhere near for about 15 years.