• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"Also Ran" Draft Voting

HookShot

U19 Vice-Captain
It’s difficult to know how to vote. I like some teams because I know they’d be hard to beat in a Test Match series, but I like others because they show imagination and have players that I’d really love to watch.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
It’s difficult to know how to vote. I like some teams because I know they’d be hard to beat in a Test Match series, but I like others because they show imagination and have players that I’d really love to watch.
Yes. I have faced the same dilemma too several times in draft voting.

All of the draft teams are always good. You just have to decide your own criteria.

Bitmap

First Class Debutant
SF1: Teuton & AndrewB
SF2: trundler & Pothas (voting here since there are still 4 other good teams in this group to vote for)

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
SF1: Himannv and Teuton - a tough one - an argument could be made for any of the 4 sides and I'm not sure I'd disagree with any of them.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
All participants have voted apart from @Red and he would probably abstain from SF 2 where his vote might have influenced the result. SF 1 was already decided.

SF 1:
ataraxia 3
Himannv 9
Teuton 8
AndrewB 4

SF 2:
Bitmap 7
Pothas 7
JOJOXI 2
Red 2
trundler 7

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Voting starts now to decide our overall winner. The poll will be kept open for a week (or until I return home from hip replacement surgery).

GRAND FINALISTS
HimannvTeutonBitmapPothastrundler
Bill Ponsford /Alastair CookSanath JayasuriyaGlenn TurnerBruce Mitchell 5
Eddie Barlow /oDavid WarnerSid BarnesBill Woodfull*Hanif Mohammad
David Gower /Kane Williamson cHashim AmlaCharlie MacartneyClem Hill
Neil Harvey /AB de VilliersMartin CroweJoe RootYounis Khan
Graham Thorpe /Ted DexterFrank Worrell (C)Vijay HazareMohammad Yousuf
Virat Kohli /Damien MartynShivnarine ChanderpaulColin CowdreyClive Lloyd*
Denis Lindsay+ /Quinton de KockJohn Waite+Matt Prior+Brendon McCullum+
Hugh Trumble oMike ProcterHedley VerityVernon PhilanderMaurice Tate 3
Kagiso Rabada oWes HallAlec BedserAnil KumbleGeorge Lohmann 1
Sydney Barnes oBill JohnstonJosh HazlewoodFrank TysonRangana Herath 4