• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Alphabetical Name Draft

Himannv

International Coach
Ha ha you are probably the first person to say this about Keith Miller :laugh:
Haha yeah sounds strange come to think of it.

My bowling attack now consists of Imran, Spofforth, Holding, Miller, Abel, Kallis, Armstrong and Worrell. Getting through the overs will be a breeze.

Blaze 18

Banned
Muttiah Muralitharan

Blaze's XI

1) Barry Richards
2) Younis Khan
3) Rahul Dravid
4) Mahela Jayawardene
5) Polly Umrigar
6) Chris Cairns
7) Syed Kirmani (wicketkeeper)
8) Muttiah Muralitharan
9) Shoaib Akhtar
10)Sydney Barnes
11)Frank Tyson

12th man : Daniel Vettori

Not a bad side.

Blaze 18

Banned
This has been a thoroughly enjoyable exercise. Full credit to weemanbob27 for coming up with this idea. Many thanks for the time and effort put into it :)

Last edited:

Blaze 18

Banned
Joao - Brian Lara
Kingkallis - Malcolm Marshall
weeman27bob - George Lohmann
Flyonthewall - Rod Marsh
weldone - Arthur Morris
himannv - Keith Miller
Blaze 18 - Muttiah Muralitharan
Michaelf7777
Cevno
Howe_zat
Honestbharani
Blakus

Micaelf7777 is up now.

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Ray Lindwall for my final pick please. I've decided to use Viv Richards as an opener he does average over 70 as an opener after all

Charter 77 Final XI

WG Grace (*)
Viv Richards
George Headley
Martin Crowe
Seymour Nurse
Norman O'Neill
Les Ames (+)
Ray Lindwall
Alan Davidson
Peter Pollock
Brian Statham

12th: Bert Ironmonger

Last edited:

weeman27bob

International Regular
This has been a thoroughly enjoyable exercise. Full credit to weemanbob27 for coming up with this idea. Many thanks for the time and effort put into it :)
Pfffft.

The idea had been in my head for a while, and although I started to get it up, everyone else has been keen to make sure lists are updated and making sure who knows when they're available to pick.

When you've got your team together if you wouldn't mind writing a few ( or many) words about your team, I'll do a voting thread and some website or something where you can see all the teams.

I also feel now would be the time to point out I have another idea in the pipeline, very much based on a trading principle, which needs a little bit of work. Is that worth getting out soon-ish, or waiting a month or two?

Blaze 18

Banned
Pfffft.

The idea had been in my head for a while, and although I started to get it up, everyone else has been keen to make sure lists are updated and making sure who knows when they're available to pick.

When you've got your team together if you wouldn't mind writing a few ( or many) words about your team, I'll do a voting thread and some website or something where you can see all the teams.

I also feel now would be the time to point out I have another idea in the pipeline, very much based on a trading principle, which needs a little bit of work. Is that worth getting out soon-ish, or waiting a month or two?
I don't see why we should wait a month or two. We can get started with this idea of yours as soon as we are done with this.

Blaze 18

Banned
Blaze's XI

1) Barry Richards
2) Younis Khan
3) Rahul Dravid
4) Mahela Jayawardene (captain)
5) Polly Umrigar
6) Chris Cairns
7) Syed Kirmani (wicketkeeper)
8) Muttiah Muralitharan
9) Shoaib Akhtar
10)Sydney Barnes
11)Frank Tyson

12th man : Daniel Vettori

Strengths

1) Extremely good bowling attack : There is the raw pace of Frank Tyson and Shoaib Akhtar; there is Muttiah Muralitharan, the highest wicket-taker ever and one of the greatest bowlers of all time; Sydney Barnes, the statistical freak, perhaps one of the closest there has ever been to the bowling equivalent of Bradman; Chris Cairns - not quite in the league of an Imran Khan or a Gary Sobers, but a ridiculously good all-rounder (vastly under-rated too, I might add). Would be the perfect foil for Frank Tyson, Shoaib Akhtar and Sydney Barnes.

2) Solid opening pair and middle-order : Everyone knows how good Barry Richards was, and while Younis Khan, arguably Pakistan's finest batsman since Javed Miandad, hasn't opened all that much, he knows all about facing the new ball. In Rahul Dravid and Mahela Jaywardene, the side has two very fine batsmen who have nearly twenty-two thousand test runs between them.

Weaknesses

Chris Cairns and Syed Kirmani batting at six and seven means there is no real depth in the batting line-up. If the strong top-order flunks, the team is screwed.

Last edited:

Blaze 18

Banned
Final round : L and M

Joao - Brian Lara
Kingkallis - Malcolm Marshall
weeman27bob - George Lohmann
Flyonthewall - Rod Marsh
weldone - Arthur Morris
himannv - Keith Miller
Blaze 18 - Muttiah Muralitharan
Michaelf7777 - Ray Lindwall
Cevno
Howe_zat
Honestbharani
Blakus

Cevno's turn.

kingkallis

International Coach
I am just excited with my bowling attack there :

Malcolm Marshall
Fred Trueman
Terry Alderman
Andrew Flintoff
Bill 'Tiger' O'Reilly

Supported by Shane Watson

kingkallis

International Coach
When I had made that list of 15-20 prominent names in W & D, I had Steve Waugh listed in Top 10 and Mark Waugh in Top 15

I just cant believe nobody picked Steve Waugh!

Blaze 18

Banned
I did consider Steve Waugh, but I was in need of an opener-number three player, so I decided to go with Rahul Dravid.