• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time world test XI selection

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Can someone put up the 1st and 2nd XIs and keep this going through the exercise? I'm not sure who has already been picked.

Assuming Border hasn't been picked yet I'd like him at 6 and as captain.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Keith Miller

Keith Miller

Miller for team manager, chairman of selectors and chief royal liaison officer as well.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think we picked a skipper for the 2nd XI did we? Though I think it pretty much had to be Hammond by default.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Can someone put up the 1st and 2nd XIs and keep this going through the exercise? I'm not sure who has already been picked.

Assuming Border hasn't been picked yet I'd like him at 6 and as captain.
You're all good to pick him, as he hasn't been selected yet.

First XI:
Hobbs
Hutton
Bradman (c)
Tendulkar
Richards
Sobers
Gilchrist
Imran
Marshall
Warne
McGrath

Second XI:
Gavaskar
Sutcliffe
Lara
Hammond
Kallis
Smith
Knott
Hadlee
Steyn
Ambrose
Murali

That second XI batting order was moved around during the selection process, so can be assumed to be fluid.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
You're all good to pick him, as he hasn't been selected yet.

First XI:
Hobbs
Hutton
Bradman (c)
Tendulkar
Richards
Sobers
Gilchrist
Imran
Marshall
Warne
McGrath

Second XI:
Gavaskar
Sutcliffe
Lara
Hammond
Kallis
Smith
Knott
Hadlee
Steyn
Ambrose
Murali

That second XI batting order was moved around during the selection process, so can be assumed to be fluid.
Cheers