• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Time England XI game

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
England XI
1 J Hobbs
3 W Hammond
7 A Knott
8 H Larwood
9 F Trueman
11 S Barnes

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is just to wind the Aussies up yeah?...........top call.

Incidentally Fred I've been thinking about your suggestion to attend Aussie Ashes tests wearing a Harlequin cap and I reckon it's a great idea.

Where would i get hold of one?
Nah - need Jardine to skipper this lot

I'll make some enquiries about Harlequin caps

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
- Name Hobbs opening partner for the England XI
- Select the teams spin bowling option. I think its unlikely, but If more than 50% dont think a spinner is needed, the spinner with most votes will make the A team and ill ask for another quick. So let me know if u dont want a spinner.

Himannv

International Coach
Number 3 should be Hutton. There is no reason for all three of Hobbs, Sutcliffe, and Hutton to not play.
Neither Hutton nor Sutcliffe have ever batted at 3. Hobbs has batted there once, but it seems odd to play him out of position. These guys are openers, you can pick only two.

There are plenty of great middle order batsmen who can play in their proper positions and do the job without fitting square pegs in round holes.

harsh.ag

Neither Hutton nor Sutcliffe have ever batted at 3. Hobbs has batted there once, but it seems odd to play him out of position. These guys are openers, you can pick only two.

There are plenty of great middle order batsmen who can play in their proper positions and do the job without fitting square pegs in round holes.
Nah. Pick the best batsmen in my view. Sutcliffe > Compton and May. Sure, Hobbs at 3 works as well.

harsh.ag

Top 5 of:

Hobbs
Sutcliffe
Hutton
Hammond
Barrington

is killer. Kept Hutton at 3 since Hobbs and Sutcliffe were opening partners.