• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Time Australian ODI XI game

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Also - are we going to move to Australia Second XI in this thread?
Based on the other votes and mention in this thread I'd be expecting something like this as the building blocks. Would be good to go through and do the whole thing properly though. I'm not sure I'd pick O'Donnell myself.

1 Warner
2 Waugh
4 Chappell
7 O'Donnell
8 Hogg
9 Lillee
10 Bracken

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He was a quality player (death bowler and very big hitting finisher) but as M Waugh and G Chappell are good bowling options (as is S Waugh if picked), I'd expect a keeper at 7.
It wouldn't surprise me that much if Lehmann was picked as well. I'd pick him ahead of Waugh but even if not I think I'd probably rather have him at 6 and keeper at 7 than keeper at 6 and O'Donnell at 7.

G Chappell was a surprisingly gun ODI bowler whenever he bowled. Turned his arm over in a large percentage of his ODIs too. Genuinely an allrounder in this format.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Bevan
Hussey

Warne

And coz I love the left handers being split up in the batting order, I would put Bevan at 5 and Symonds at 6.

Gilchrist (wk)
Watson
Ponting (c)
Jones
Bevan
Symonds
Hussey
Warne
Starc
Lee
McGrath