• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time Australian ODI team

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah it's also why it's not quite correct to say that Bevan and Hussey will play the same role - Hussey is a finisher, not a chaser, which is a subtly different thing.

edit: i r good english
Hussey probably the most complete ODI batsman I've watched.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Righteo, Warne it is.

Let's pick TWO opening bowlers next.

Select two from the following, or anyone else you prefer...

Brett Lee
McGrath
Johnson
McDermott
Bracken
Gillespie
Fleming
Lillee
Alderman
Tait

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will go McGrath and Lee. Lillee (rightly or wrongly) is hurt by playing in an era which was quite bowler-friendly, he'll probably be my 3rd quick.

adub

International Captain
Will go McGrath and Lee. Lillee (rightly or wrongly) is hurt by playing in an era which was quite bowler-friendly, he'll probably be my 3rd quick.
Same. For me Lillee shades Braken for third quick, but Pigeon and Binga first picked.

watson

Banned
McGrath and Lillee - as any Aussie team without Lillee is unthinkable, and Bracken might just get that 3rd seamers spot. Who knows?

Last edited:

Victor Ian

International Coach
McGrath and Lee. Sadly I don't know anything about Lillee as the first game I watched him play was his last ODI

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gotta be Mcgrath and Lee. While Lillee has great figures I think the odi game hadn't quite matured yet into the true version which everyone slowly understood how to really play. Lee was genuinely brilliant in the format and was very good right to the end of his career.