• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Time Australia Draft

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
But ODIs are conducive to "electric" fielding. He made a lot of stops in test matches and some good catches and run outs. The Australian fielding outfit in tests and ODIs at the time was phenominal led by Symonds and Ponting.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Ted McDonald to round off the side.

Good Time Aussie Bogalars XI

01 Victor Trumper
02 Bill Ponsford
03 Steve Smith
04 Mark Waugh
05 Bob Cowper 6
06 Jack Ryder 4
07 William Murdoch + c
08 Ted McDonald 2
09 Jack Iverson 5
10 Craig McDermott 1
11 Terry Alderman 3

Shady Slim

International Coach
i believe it's my move, round eleven not ten

"GR4aBFA" XI
1. Justin Langer
2. Matthew Hayden
3. Kepler Wessels
4. Shane Watson (5)
5. Michael Clarke*
6. Michael Bevan (6)
7. Rod Marsh+
8. Mitchell Starc (2)
9. Andy Bichel (3)
10. Bill O'Reilly (4)
11. Jeff Thomson (1)

Last edited:

Shady Slim

International Coach

"GR4aBFA" XI
1. Justin Langer
2. Matthew Hayden
3. Kepler Wessels
4. Shane Watson (5)
5. Michael Clarke*
6. Michael Bevan (6)
7. Rod Marsh+
8. Mitchell Starc (2)
9. Andy Bichel (3)
10. Bill O'Reilly (4)
11. Jeff Thomson (1)
the hallmark of any good australian team is intent

and look at my openers, undisputed kings of australian opening batsman intent

go down to the middle order, wessels there to anchor while watson and clarke smack the living intent right out of the opposition

michael bevan, the man of lower order intent, followed by the now chief selector of intent, rod marsh

the attack is comprised of two super fast pace bowlers just brimming with intent in starc and thomson

then o'reilly as the spinner, always providing some slow bowling intent, supported by the controlled intent of bichel and watson, and bevan if needed

and that's not to mention we're captained by captain intent himself

ready for a broken ****ing arm?

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I couldn't believe it either. Alot of people were eager to stock up early on quickies early on in the draft and old Ted just kept on slipping through the cracks.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year

"GR4aBFA" XI
1. Justin Langer
2. Matthew Hayden
3. Kepler Wessels
4. Shane Watson (5)
5. Michael Clarke*
6. Michael Bevan (6)
7. Rod Marsh+
8. Mitchell Starc (2)
9. Andy Bichel (3)
10. Bill O'Reilly (4)
11. Jeff Thomson (1)
Clarke needs to bat at 4 surely. Bevvo a fine R11 pick.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kepler Wessels to round out my side thanks... averaged 50 at no 3.

Reasonably happy overall...

Sloppy seconds XI

1. Arthur Morris
2. Chris Rogers
3. Kepler Wessels
4. Greg Chappell
5. Doug Walters
6. Damien Martyn
7. Brad Haddin+
8. Brett Lee
9. Joey Palmer
10.Jason Gillespie
11.Dennis Lillee

Zinzan

Righto, Bradman mark II it is then... Adam Voges, and because since he's Don Jr, he's batting at 3...

Reasonably happy overall...

Sloppy seconds XI

1. Arthur Morris
2. Chris Rogers
3. Adam Voges
4. Greg Chappell
5. Doug Walters
6. Damien Martyn
7. Brad Haddin+
8. Brett Lee
9. Joey Palmer
10.Jason Gillespie
11.Dennis Lillee

Zinzan

Fellas think I should swap Martyn and Voges around? I really want Chappell & Walters at 4 & 5 if possible...

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
KK times out.

I'll take one more AR from the 20s, Alan Fairfax. Averaged 50 with the bat and 30 with the ball (from only 10 tests mind you but seemed decent at FC as well)

Michael Slater
Bill Brown
Ricky Ponting
Kim Hughes *
Darren Lehmann (6)
Jack Gregory (2)
Alan Fairfax (4)
Wally Grout +
Paul Reiffel (3)
Stuart MacGill (5)
Bill Johnston (1)

I like it. Terrific opening pair IMO, attacking Slater paired with the defensive Brown, both averaged north of 40. Ponting is an ATG, Hughes probably the weakest of my top 5 bats but still hit 9 test tons and can bring his captaincy experience to the table. Lehmann a great 5. Gregory and Fairfax @ 6 and 7 probably isn't ideal but they can certainly both bat. And with Grout who is no mug with 4 FC tons @ 8 and Reiffel who averagd 26 in tests at 9, we certainly bat pretty deep and they make up for both Gregory and Fairfax not being fully recognised test batsmen

Johnston was a great opening bowler, as was Gregory. Left and Right hand combination there too. The underrated Reiffel and Fairfax as handy back up pacemen. MacGill a quality spinner and he has both Lehmann's partimers and Johnston's ability to bowl both pace and spin to help him out.

Grout one of the country's finest keepers. I'm happy

Last edited: