• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

African FC/Test draft

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wasn't sure exactly what to call it.

It's a red ball draft, and I want tests to have a bit more weighting than FC when assessing players, but there's no min test requirement with this draft. It's just anyone who was born in Africa who played FC cricket, regardless of where. I will also allow, on the off chance this actually happened, any non-african born players who played international cricket for an African nation. So all players affected by SA's apartheid or Zim's late arrival to test cricket are eligible. As well as any Kenyans who played some FC stuff.

It'l be a classic random/reverse order draft, with 8 hour timeouts.

Hoping for at least 12 players.

ataraxia

International Coach
In.

~12 players (I suspect that could be a little hopeful unfortunately) will make this very interesting. Bets presently open on who will draft John Traicos.

capt_Luffy

International Debutant

It's a red ball draft, and I want tests to have a bit more weighting than FC when assessing players, but there's no min test requirement with this draft. It's just anyone who was born in Africa who played FC cricket, regardless of where. I will also allow, on the off chance this actually happened, any non-african born players who played international cricket for an African nation. So all players affected by SA's apartheid or Zim's late arrival to test cricket are eligible. As well as any Kenyans who played some FC stuff.

It'l be a classic random/reverse order draft, with 8 hour timeouts.

Hoping for at least 12 players.
And what about the players who played in places like Howa Bowl, which games aren't necessarily counted as FC??

mr_mister

And what about the players who played in places like Howa Bowl, which games aren't necessarily counted as FC??
Is that Zimbabwe's domestic comp? If it's not FC I don't even know how we'd assess career stats for them. Would anyone even want someone without at least FC stats to look at?

capt_Luffy

International Debutant
Is that Zimbabwe's domestic comp? If it's not FC I don't even know how we'd assess career stats for them. Would anyone even want someone without at least FC stats to look at?
No, it's South Africa's league for non white cricketers. There are certain players who played in Howa Bowl whom I rate quite highly and might include in my team.

howitzer

State Vice-Captain
Maybe I could change qualification to FC or ODI, in case there's some '80 Zim players of note who played in the WCs but never played FC
All the players I can think of atm definitely played FC, but there might be someone this qualifies from ZIM. Not sure whether any Namibians or Kenyans become qualified by this method but it seems like something that makes sense to have.

capt_Luffy

International Debutant
Maybe I could change qualification to FC or ODI, in case there's some '80 Zim players of note who played in the WCs but never played FC
I think it would be great if you could make players who played in Howa Bowl fair play as well..... Almost every black South African player before the readmission played in the Howa Bowl, and some were genuinely good. I can't think of a better draft to include some of them.

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain

It's a red ball draft, and I want tests to have a bit more weighting than FC when assessing players, but there's no min test requirement with this draft. It's just anyone who was born in Africa who played FC cricket, regardless of where. I will also allow, on the off chance this actually happened, any non-african born players who played international cricket for an African nation.
FWIW about 30 SA cricketers were born outside Africa - mostly born in England, mostly a long time ago (Dave Nourse and Reggie Schwarz are probably the most famous of these).

mr_mister

8 have signed up so far. Will give this another 6 hours then I'll generate round 1 (and leave sign ups open during the first round)