• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Adam Voges average watch

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
his average will hit the ton.

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wonder if there will be some kind of backlash if he just breaks the 100 average barrier and then retires before his average has a chance to dip back down under it. I mean he's 37 soon isn't he?

It'd be a slap in the face to cricket really

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
At 11:26 am Melbourne time his average is 90.16...

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He really is chronically underrated. Not saying he "deserves" a 100+ average but he did average 100+ in his last Shield season as well iirc and has been freakishly good for several years

Flem274*

123/5
he's going to get it. he was bowled by a legitimate delivery that was called a no ball. he cannot be defeated even when he is.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
HIGHEST AVERAGE IN TESTS (MIN. 1000 RUNS)
Player Inns Runs HS Ave 100
DG Bradman Aus 80 6996 334 99.94 29
AC Voges Aus 19 1115 269* 92.91 4
SG Barnes Aus 19 1072 234 63.05 3
RG Pollock SA 41 2256 274 60.97 7
GA Headley WI 40 2190 270* 60.83 10

Voges could get out now and make 10 ducks in a row and still be averaging above 48.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Low 80s.

Voges 100% has to retire at the end of this series. Would be hilarious.

Edit: Actually I'm doing Hussey a disservice. Before he got out at Perth in 06 he was averaging 91.4.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Low 80s.

Voges 100% has to retire at the end of this series. Would be hilarious.

Edit: Actually I'm doing Hussey a disservice. Before he got out at Perth in 06 he was averaging 91.4.
Pretty funny that Hussey's high average had people debating whether he was legitimately one of the ATGs and people getting annoyed that he was being put next to Bradman etc. whereas Voges just makes everyone laugh and find it amusing

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
The thing I find funny about Voges is that he came into the test side partly because he'd played a decent amount of county cricket and was considered a safe bet for a series in England. Yet somehow he was **** in the Ashes and better than Bradman everywhere else.

Beginning to think we may have lucked out a bit on that one tbh.