• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ab V Kp

James

Cricket Web Owner
Richard - you're starting to force my hand in regard to your conduct on the forums recently with you constantly taking threads off topic along with your general attitude towards other members.

If you want to have a "chat" with someone take it to MSN, or if it relates to another topic, use the correct thread.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yes, OK, fair enough, I shouldn't be going around being generally foul-mouthed to one or two - and I maintain it's only one or two - members.

I've no desire to speak to any such members on MSN - my preferance would be to have said members completely ignore me.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think there's probably something of the "storm in teacup" about AB's remarks; I imagine he was asked about it & replied honestly only to find his comments, divorced of their context, as the next day's back page headlines. However there is something about KP that seems to rub a lot of ex-pros up the wrong way. Just after he was hit by McGrath both Botham & Hussain more-or-less accused him of being a bottle merchant.

I have an idea there's a perception he hasn't "paid his dues" in some quarters, which is odd as he spent four years do that precise thing IMHO.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
However there is something about KP that seems to rub a lot of ex-pros up the wrong way.
Good obs, Einstein... (no, that's not a personal attack, just a light-hearted throwaway)

Honestly, I doubt Pietersen could be more disliked if he tried. So he's hyperbolic - that's the way he is. Get off his back about it! He's demonstrated perfectly well to me that he's a thoroughly decent guy.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Good obs, Einstein... (no, that's not a personal attack, just a light-hearted throwaway)

Honestly, I doubt Pietersen could be more disliked if he tried. So he's hyperbolic - that's the way he is. Get off his back about it! He's demonstrated perfectly well to me that he's a thoroughly decent guy.
I like the boy too; he's actually quite dry in interviews which often doesn't translate to the written page very well. As you say, he courts the headlines (he's almoest the identikit young sportsman: crappy haircut - check, z-list sleb girlfriend - check, diamond stud earring - check), but you only have to see his conditioning to know he takes his fitness very seriously; not an ounce of spare flesh on him. As long as KP the Product doesn't adversely affect Pietersen the cricketer I say fair play to him.

I could do without all the whinging about SA's quotas tho. Seems at best gauche & at worst rather graceless.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I could do without the constant repetition of it, yes, but that applies to most complaints.

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
It was more important for Pietersen to be fit for the WC. It doesn't matter how bad the injury was.

It also opened up a spot for someone to put their hand up and get into the WC squad. Too bad no one did. Unfortunately England's hopes will rely on too few getting it right on the day. This may work occasionally in one day cricket but you can't win a tournament this way.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pietersen replaced Solanki.

Joyce replaced Pietersen.

Joyce is already well on-track to be the next Solanki, though he has so far been treated harsher than Solanki ever was.

Sad thing about not being a first-choice player, that - your opportunities tend to be sparing and varied in type. Both Solanki and Joyce have been repeatedly chucked up and down the order (when in reality neither are openers), though Solanki at least got more than 1 or 2 games on the trot.

Richard - you're starting to force my hand in regard to your conduct on the forums recently with you constantly taking threads off topic along with your general attitude towards other members.

If you want to have a "chat" with someone take it to MSN, or if it relates to another topic, use the correct thread.
Hear hear, James.

I've received a number of PM's from other members, saying much the same.

Mr.Smith

Cricket Spectator
the difference between Allan Border playing with broken ribs is that AB was playing for his
country KP is not he's playing for the England cricket team.