• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A purple patch for NZ cricket?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Mate, Gisborne already comes under CD. Im not sure about the other two regions you mentioned, but i dont know what other district they would come under, so they must alread be in CD
Haha, oh dear. Go take a look at the map and the provincial boundaries, then try again.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Using Darwin, who play their cricket in the Southern Hemisphere winter, has become a more popular thing to do in Australia too. Reckon it'd be a good idea for some NZeres.

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
I agree with this 110%. I tend to think as well and find it odd that we don't make more use of a NZ A type of team touring around the world, but especially touring Australia. I know we have one currently, but it isn't used enough IMO. It's a great way to get our next tier of players experiencing overseas pitches and environments, and gives the current crop of domestic players something to aim for before they make the Black Caps.
I am in complete agreement with the New Zealand A idea

Howsie

International Captain
Watched bits and pieces of Aus-NZL test and dude your top-order is useless. Ryder is overrated, he is fat and dosen't move his feet much and would struggle to make big scores. I did like Flynn but he seems limited the only world class talent you have is R.Taylor but despite having him you will continue to suffer against top quality bowling
Funny.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The best way to sustain quality in young players across the world is to have more A tours... If they can give decent funding for that from ICC, that would be the best...

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Article - Auckland Cricket

"The New Zealand Under-19 winter training squad is:

Corey Anderson (Canterbury)
Harry Boam (Wellington)
Tom Blundell (Wellington)
Doug Bracewell (Central Districts)
Michael Bracewell (Otago)
Craig Cachopa (Auckland)
Dane Cleaver (Central Districts)
Rory Darkins (Northern Districts)
Lachlan Ferguson (Auckland)
Shane Gadsdon (Northern Districts)
Chamika Gajanayaka (Wellington)
Matt Henry (Canterbury)
Jono Hickey (Northern Districts)
Timothy Johnston (Canterbury)
Tom Latham (Canterbury)
Matt McEwan (Canterbury)
Adam Milne (Central Districts)
James Neesham (Auckland)
Henry Nicholls (Canterbury)
Bevan Small (Central Districts)
Ben Smith (Central Districts)
Blair Soper (Otago)
Mattie Thomas (Northern Districts)
Logan Van Beek (Canterbury)
Theo Van Woerkom (Canterbury)
Ben Wheeler (Central Districts)
Harry Wright (Wellington) "

Howsie

International Captain
Mattie Thomas (Northern Districts
If this is the same guy from Hamilton Boy's High then what the hell. He is so poos it's not even funny.

Congrats on making the team though.

Polo23

International Debutant
Congrats Jimmy. Who are the stars of that group? Who should we be looking out for to perform well?

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
Kia Ora!

Posted this thread under completeNZer before then changing to NZ Guy and not posting for years, still been a regular lurker for all these years but I thought I'd get back to posting a bit and gloat about how goddamn right I was :P

Fascinating seeing what people thought all those years ago, most of them being spot on. One thing that seems to stand out for me is that nobody really seemed to pick out the development of McCullum as a player and potential leader

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
New Zealand's team in 4-5 years.

1.Martin Guptill
2.BJ Watling
3.Kane Williamson
4.Ross Taylor
5.Jesse Ryder
6.Corey Anderson
7.Brendon McCullum
8.Daniel Vettori
9.Tim Southee
10.Neil Wagner
11.Trent Boult
This was so solid from Howsie in 2009.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Article - Auckland Cricket

"The New Zealand Under-19 winter training squad is:

Corey Anderson (Canterbury)
Harry Boam (Wellington)
Tom Blundell (Wellington)
Doug Bracewell (Central Districts)
Michael Bracewell (Otago)
Craig Cachopa (Auckland)
Dane Cleaver (Central Districts)
Rory Darkins (Northern Districts)
Lachlan Ferguson (Auckland)
Shane Gadsdon (Northern Districts)
Chamika Gajanayaka (Wellington)
Matt Henry (Canterbury)
Jono Hickey (Northern Districts)
Timothy Johnston (Canterbury)
Tom Latham (Canterbury)
Matt McEwan (Canterbury)
Adam Milne (Central Districts)
James Neesham (Auckland)
Henry Nicholls (Canterbury)
Bevan Small (Central Districts)
Ben Smith (Central Districts)
Blair Soper (Otago)
Mattie Thomas (Northern Districts)
Logan Van Beek (Canterbury)
Theo Van Woerkom (Canterbury)
Ben Wheeler (Central Districts)
Harry Wright (Wellington) "
Jesus, build an XI out of this!

1. M Bracewell
2. T Latham
3. C Cachopa
4. H Nicholls
5. CJ Anderson
6. J Neesham
7. T Blundell+
8. D Bracewell
9. A Milne
10. M Henry
11. B Wheeler

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
New Zealand's team in 4-5 years.

1.Martin Guptill
2.BJ Watling
3.Kane Williamson
4.Ross Taylor
5.Jesse Ryder
6.Corey Anderson
7.Brendon McCullum
8.Daniel Vettori
9.Tim Southee
10.Neil Wagner
11.Trent Boult
Damn, great call.

Just read parts of the thread, and what happened to this guy called Harry Boam? Probably the only name among all the ones named frequently in this thread who never made it to the NZ side.

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
Damn, great call.

Just read parts of the thread, and what happened to this guy called Harry Boam? Probably the only name among all the ones named frequently in this thread who never made it to the NZ side.
He's moved on from cricket

Promising Boam to take a break from cricket | Stuff.co.nz

There's a horrible culture in Wellington cricket of an old boys society + random grade cricket Australians keep getting picked over promising young players. Sad that he didn't just go to another district but that's life. Would've been interesting to see if he'd ever get through to the Bcaps with Neesh and Corey there, would've probably had to dropped the bowling and focus on the batting to get through imo.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I love how most NZ cricket threads turn inevitably to putting the boot into Cricket Wellington's manufactured culture bull**** at some point.

If ND and Canterbury are agribusiness then I suppose Cricket Wellington should be outofbusiness. Useless ****s.