• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
As I think I've said before, I don't think any team will coast through the season like St Kilda did last year, or we did the two years beforehand. These losses will come more often, but that's OK, as long as we finish in the top 4.

We'll be OK, we're still weeks behind other teams. As long as we start firing around Round 18 or so, we'll be where we need to be.

howardj

International Coach
Votes Labor, I'm told.
Crush me why don't you. :)

Chris Judd - you're a star. He just electrifies that Carlton team. With players of his ilk, it's not how many kicks, handpasses or great games he plays. It's the confidence he injects in the team. Like Glen McGrath when he played (cricket), I reckon when Judd is in the team, Carlton show up to the ground expecting to win. That's how he makes everyone play better.

pasag

RTDAS
Watching the replay, our tackling and defensive pressure was so good. Judd was brilliant, but let down by some less than slick disposal in the first half. Walker's been amazing in defence this season, he's going to be a real loss. Kruezer is getting better each game as well, and Yarran-Betts-Garlett in the forward line is so good to watch. Enjoying Milburn's tears, ftr.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Even so, to quote the cliche, anyone who got 8 this week in the tipping knows nothing about football! :)

We haven't heard anything from MikeW since quarter time yesterday - I'm hoping he hasn't had a Moe Szyslak style "accident"

Congrats on the win but that was an embarrassment.

To cap things off, Pears fractures his wrist 8-)

Hille played his worst game of his career, Slattery terrible as usual. In fact i could only name 3-4 or blokes who had average or better games.

Just an absolute stinker and its now time for Knights to make some tough decisions.

Ryder, Welsh, Slattery, Hocking, and a few others all need to be given rockets and sent back to the VFL.

Knights's gameplan is a proven failure, time for a re-think or had in your resignation.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Congratulations on Channel Ten assembling the worst commentary team ever seen in organised sport. Was only missing the Ox in special comments.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Congrats on the win but that was an embarrassment.

To cap things off, Pears fractures his wrist 8-)

Hille played his worst game of his career, Slattery terrible as usual. In fact i could only name 3-4 or blokes who had average or better games.

Just an absolute stinker and its now time for Knights to make some tough decisions.

Ryder, Welsh, Slattery, Hocking, and a few others all need to be given rockets and sent back to the VFL.

Knights's gameplan is a proven failure, time for a re-think or had in your resignation.
Was going to ask you mate - do you see Matthew Knights having any future as a coach at Bomberland beyond this year? My Dons supporting brother hates the guy, and has done so for at least the last couple of years.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Was going to ask you mate - do you see Matthew Knights having any future as a coach at Bomberland beyond this year? My Dons supporting brother hates the guy, and has done so for at least the last couple of years.
Odds on next coach to be replaced (odds provided by CassonBet):

Neil Craig ---------------- $2.50
Matthew Knights ------ $3.25
John Worsfold --------- $4.00
Mark Williams ---------- $11.00
Brett Ratten ------------- $21.00
Damien Hardwick ----- $21.00
Alistair Clarkson ------ $26.00
Brad Scott -------------- $31.00
Dean Bailey ------------ $41.00
Ross Lyon -------------- $51.00
Mark Harvey ------------ $81.00
Mick Malthouse ------- $101.00
Michael Voss ---------- $101.00
Mark Thompson ------- $201.00
Rodney Eade ---------- $201.00

* Market does not include Paul Roos

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
tbh, can't see Hardwick or Scott going this season regardless of what happens. Reckon Malthouse is a shout to be ousted at the end of the season if Collingwood have a disappointing September again.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol, harsh on Hardwick.
It's really just the fickleness of the Richmond crowd that would have him so short - if they stay as bad as they are for the whole season, I can see people wanting to cut him loose. In a way it's similar to the reason I have Lyon shorter than some others even though the Saints are probably the best side in the comp atm - because if they fail to take it out this year their board mightn't be so forgiving.

benchmark00

Loading up on Malthouse. Can't really see any coach being sacked this year, and chancing my arm on noone next year.

benchmark00

In this era of strict premiership windows, you will basically never see a coach sacked within three years of being appointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.