• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Your last point is a good one.

Swallow to me was a huge reason as to why they beat Port Adelaide itbt.

Also I reckon Daniel Hanebery last year wasn't necessarily. a "burst out of the blocks" player, and he won last year.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why would Leigh Matthews, Danny Frawley, Luke Darcy, Glen Jakovich and Mark Ricciuto want to give the Gold Coast more publicity??

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't tell if you're being serious or getting at something, but I assume it's the former. I think everyone knows which side their bread is buttered on when it comes to the GC.

benchmark00

Can't tell if you're being serious or getting at something, but I assume it's the former. I think everyone knows which side their bread is buttered on when it comes to the GC.
There is no way they would vote for a player just to make the image of GC look better. They get paid by television networks, not the AFL.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Swallow has closed from $12 to $10 since I made my bet :D
When did you make your bet? He was entered into the MRP lottery this week so I'd guess that would cause some fluctuation in his price, seems quite a few people were expecting him to get a suspension.

Craig

World Traveller
So it turns out Kim Duthie made it all up wrt to sleeping with Ricky Nixon. She seriously needs some professional help.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah, she claims she made it up. But this is all fishy. The claim she was on drugs when making her statement to Galbally QC is a joke. Particularly since she had legal representation there. They would have known if she was under the influence.

No matter what Nixon says, they've made a deal. Too obvious to be anything else.

Burgey

There's no way she made it up.
Agreed. She didn't make up the video with his ID in it, surely?

Reckon it's a Wild Things scenario. She's Denise Richards and he's that idiot who can't act who played the teacher. He sues the AFL, makes millions, then they make off the the islands on a yacht.

Or something.

benchmark00

Did anyone just watch Kim Duthie on the 7pm project??

So she had this interview with them and was ssaying how she lied about r00ting Ricky etc etc.

Then they go "we debated whether or not show this footgae, but here it is"

Then they showed her directly after the interview say to Hughesy:

KD: You know... I can tell you know
DH: Well... what do you mean?
KD: That everything I just said were lies... all bull****.

Well there you go. Wonder if Ricky Nixon will still front on the footy show tonight.

Last edited:

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
I have no idea what I just witnessed. This is the saddest, most confusing, most pointless saga in living memory.

How annoying is it when people in the media talk about how they want this story to go away, meanwhile they've invited her in for an interview on TV. Nice work Charlie Pickering you smug ass.

benchmark00

And now on Twitter:

"7pm project, yay was cute :) My words were taken out of context though! They cut off where I said I was JOKING at the end!!! OMG!!"