• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I liked their reason for doing it, "Uhh the Brussels bombing, and stuff proved mosques are bad you know"

Cringe

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
:laugh:!!!

can't wait for Roos' press conference. Gonna be so good when he blames the fans / Neeld / the club admin / the players / Goodwin / everyone but him

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jeez how the **** do you lose to the top-ups?

Although tbf Melbourne tend to suck for whatever reason when favourites.

Still, how bad does this make GWS despite all those draft picks?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Good to see Hardwick standing up for Cotchin.

Robinson started this during pre-season before a game was played about whether or not he was the best choice, funnily enough pointing out Jack Riewoldt now that he's going on AFL360. Jack, who doesn't even get voted into the Richmond leadership group...

Redbacks

International Captain
Iirc David King pumped up Jack as a potential captain during the fox footy round table discussions. He got perplexed looks from the rest of the panel as expected.

It seems like many critics have an unrealistic idea of how Cotchin has to play (somehow the best of: Hodge + Fyfe + Danger), when they might actually be better off asking his coach what he wants, and then holding him to that standard.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Love Dimma, and Jack on 360.

That's how you stick up for your skipper.

Anyway Cotch hasn't reached his 2012 heights again because he was robbed of his Brownlow from the cheating scum. Give it back to him and his magical powers will return.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Thought at the end of last year we should have looked into replacing Hardwick. I think he's done well but he's taken us as far as he can. I'll be happy if I eat my words but I'm not sure I will. Other teams are playing a better structure than us and not crumbling under pressure. Deledio being out really kills us tbf tho.

Still unsure if Cotchin should be captain. Is our best player (along with Lids) but maybe he should be allowed to concentrate on being that. Nothing in him screams "leader" in the same way Hodge and other captains can lift/direct their team as required. It's a shame Maric is a bit old/injury prone because I think he'd be a brilliant captain and other guys'd run thru a brick wall for him (to use a cliche).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dropping Cotchin as captain because isn't as good a captain as Hodge is like dropping Warner because he's not as good as Lara.

Hodge is an ATG captain with two Norm Smiths. Its a friggin high bar.