• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Round Twenty-Two Tipping Update

Pretty meh week on the whole with 6/9 being enough for a share of the weekly honours. Despite a few shocks only Freo's thrashing of North eludes us all.

Good to see Augustus's commitment to winning extends to not actually tipping at all this round. He & fellow non-tipping Johnners cop the round's lowest.

Weekly

Brumby 6
skd 6
howard 6
altoz 6
HDS 6
morgie 5
Benchy 5
Spikey 4

Jono 4
Johnners 4

Weekly bonuses to dav, tozz, howard, Heef & me then.

Tozz's six means he opens a tip cushion over morgie in the fight for silver.

Overall

1) howard 147.12
2) altoz 141.10
3) morgie 140.07
4) Brumby 139.07
5) Jono 135.06
6) HDS 135.05
7) skd 134.08
8) Benchy 133.03
9) Johnners 115.01
10) Spikey 104.04

Round Twenty-Three Fixtures

Hawthorn vs. West Coast (MCG)
Geelong vs. Sydney (Kardinia Park)
Adelaide vs. Gold Coast (Football Park)
Greater Western Sydney vs. North Melbourne (Sydney Showground)
Fremantle vs. Melbourne (Subiaco)
Essendon vs. Collingwood (MCG)
Carlton vs. St Kilda (Docklands)
Richmond vs. Port Adelaide (MCG)
Brisbane Lions vs. Western Bulldogs (The Gabba)

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Only saw up to halftime, result looks really yuk, but it wasn't good signs when I saw Ziebell jogging half heartedly to a contest. Reckon the fact that North have been up for so many weeks there was bound to be a release, especially how on paper there wasn't much to play for.

Need to really get some percentage out of next week, don't want to play Collingwood in round one of the finals, comfortable enough with where we're at though with Wells to come back next week.

howardj

International Coach
Even if my Eagles beat the Hawks on Friday, such is Essendon's form, I think our top four chances are bleak regardless

Spikey

i just realised we actually fielded a younger team than richmond on the weekend. how on earth...

also matt white has played 89 games. that has totally blew my mind

benchmark00

Couple of cameos from Clive Waterhouse there.

Robert Walls, who I generally have very little time for, was very good on Open Mike tonight.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I'd have given Tuck the most votes as well. I bet Hardwick gave him 5 and the **** that is Hird only gave him 1 [/baseless comment]

Spikey

seems more likely hardwick gave him 2 and hird 4 tbh. i cite all those games he was dropped for when you were busy blooding kids

morgieb

Hawthorn v West Coast
Geelong v Sydney
Adelaide v Gold Coast
Greater Western Sydney v North Melbourne
Fremantle v Melbourne
Essendon v Collingwood
Carlton v St Kilda
Richmond v Port Adelaide
Brisbane v Bulldogs

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Poor Ratts. Never fully loved by the Blues fans, which always intrigued me.

Ah well, can't be losing to the Gold Coast, unless you're Hardwick :cool:!

Spikey

meanwhile freo keep on being awesome bros by taking brett kirk away from the saturday arvo team