• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I made a rule: No Collingwood or Carlton players in my team.

I've totally broken that rule over the past 6-7 weeks, but Swan was like 600K at that point so I couldn't get him

howardj

International Coach
Collingwood could have made their point (both to Swan and his teammates) with equal force in other ways (e.g. fining Swan $100 000 etc) without punishing the team. As is, they are punishing the team and its supporters at such a crucial time of the year. In five year's time, it's the premiership you will remember, not the so-called lesson taught by this punishment.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
But can't you argue creating a culture where indiscipline is punished - see Geelong (Stevie J, Stokes) - is what results in premierships? Particularly since those players were not allowed to play, which is the thing that hurts them the most. Not the cash.

That being said, $100k would hurt anyone. There is no way anyone is being fined that much.

benchmark00

Not allowed to be fined that much under AFLPA rules are you? Think there's a pretty low limit to how much a club can fine a bloke.

Spikey

Yeah it's around 10 or 20K I think. he'll be losing around that amount in match fees anyway

morgieb

West Coast
St Kilda
Adelaide
Gold Coast
Collingwood
Carlton
Hawthorn
Richmond
North Melbourne

Burgey

Collingwood could have made their point (both to Swan and his teammates) with equal force in other ways (e.g. fining Swan $100 000 etc) without punishing the team. As is, they are punishing the team and its supporters at such a crucial time of the year. In five year's time, it's the premiership you will remember, not the so-called lesson taught by this punishment.
Collingwood will beat Sydney anyway. They always do.

howardj

International Coach
lol in the AFL how they call knowledge of a club's tactics/structures/systems etc intellectual property

danny frawley, the ALFCA pres, is a masive offender on this front

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Sherlock Homes

West Coast vs. Geelong (Subiaco)
St Kilda vs.
Melbourne (MCG)
Adelaide vs.
Fremantle (Football Park)
Gold Coast vs.
Greater Western Sydney (Carrara)
Carlton vs.
Brisbane Lions (Docklands)
Sydney
vs. Collingwood (Stadium Australia)
Hawthorn vs.
Port Adelaide (York Park)
Richmond vs.
Western Bulldogs (MCG)
Essendon vs.
North Melbourne (Docklands)

benchmark00

St Kilda vs. Melbourne (MCG)
Adelaide vs. Fremantle (Football Park)
Gold Coast vs. Greater Western Sydney (Carrara)
Carlton vs. Brisbane Lions (Docklands)
Sydney vs. Collingwood (Stadium Australia)
Hawthorn vs. Port Adelaide (York Park)
Richmond vs. Western Bulldogs (MCG)
Essendon vs. North Melbourne (Docklands)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
St Kilda vs. Melbourne (MCG)
Adelaide vs. Fremantle (Football Park)
Gold Coast vs. Greater Western Sydney (Carrara)
Carlton vs. Brisbane Lions (Docklands)
Sydney vs. Collingwood (Stadium Australia)
Hawthorn vs. Port Adelaide (York Park)
Richmond vs. Western Bulldogs (MCG)
Essendon vs. North Melbourne (Docklands)