• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I'm subscribed to the AFLive thing so I watch a few games a week, eg last week I watch GC-Freo, Adelaide-Syd and WC- North.

Only people I know who have any interest in Aussie Rules are people I met whilst i was in Aus fwiw

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
with Stanton set to become a young veteran-listed player from next year under the new rules (giving Essendon a salary cap discount of $112,000).

this ****ing guy

benchmark00

Melbourne* vs. Hawthorn (MCG)
Adelaide vs. Geelong (Football Park)
Greater Western Sydney* vs. Gold Coast (Manuka)
Richmond vs. Sydney (MCG)
Brisbane Lions vs. Collingwood (The Gabba)
Essendon vs. West Coast (Docklands)
North Melbourne vs. Western Bulldogs (Docklands)
Fremantle vs. Port Adelaide (Subiaco)
St Kilda vs. Carlton (Docklands)

Richmond are absolute specials this weekend.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I always post 'em with my update. Anyway, I need to tip myself tho.

Round Seven Fixtures:

Melbourne vs. Hawthorn (MCG)
Greater Western Sydney vs. Gold Coast (Manuka)

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Backing SBI over Bencheh. Probably a foolish call.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
After the AFL came out and spoke about how sliding is going to be a free kick, Robbo said he was proud of the AFL and that "we are interviewing Kevin Sheedy next and I am sure he will be in favour of this" (paraphrasing obv.).

Sheedy then comes out and absolutely cracks the ****s at the AFL making rules on the run, and Robbo is basically speechless. He then starts yelling at Robbo basically.

In fact he basically did it the whole interview.

Funny how former or current Essendon folks just don't seem to respect Robbo. Mark Thompson is always so condescending every Monday to him when he's on as well lol.

benchmark00

Backing SBI over Bencheh. Probably a foolish call.
Probably ??

benchmark00

After the AFL came out and spoke about how sliding is going to be a free kick, Robbo said he was proud of the AFL and that "we are interviewing Kevin Sheedy next and I am sure he will be in favour of this" (paraphrasing obv.).

Sheedy then comes out and absolutely cracks the ****s at the AFL making rules on the run, and Robbo is basically speechless. He then starts yelling at Robbo basically.

In fact he basically did it the whole interview.

Funny how former or current Essendon folks just don't seem to respect Robbo. Mark Thompson is always so condescending every Monday to him when he's on as well lol.
Robbo can be such a knob, he's so so weird. Something about him doesn't sit well with me. Have this thing in the back of my mind that it will come out one day that he keeps kids locked up in his basement or something,

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Robbo can be such a knob, he's so so weird. Something about him doesn't sit well with me. Have this thing in the back of my mind that it will come out one day that he keeps kids locked up in his basement or something,
He's the local at the pub with all the answers, but somehow found himself with a newspaper column, so is filled with ridiculous amounts of self-importance.

Spikey

Think it's a coincidence tbh. Thompson just seems that way while I have no idea why Robinson would think Sheedy would love what the AFL have done. I hugely dislike sliding into contests but it's a rule change you make at seasons end.

morgieb

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Is Ablett really likely to play vs GWS? Seems an odd game to risk him for.

Asking with DT hat on here, obvz.
I think he's 50/50 but its the best game to risk him for. If Gold Coast lose there will be hell. The GC board cracked it when GWS beat them in a NAB cup match when GC rested their players at half time.

Losing a proper season match will be a disaster.