• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
and it's easier to push yourself in that aspect when you're playing for a good team. It's a bit early to start talking about the cultures for me. Let's see how Hill pushes himself when WC are down by 50 points after losing the last two matches.

Of course, WC have a better press system than WB, but that's coaching staff notcultures

howardj

International Coach
Bombers are specials next week (Selwood another winged Eagle).

But, big picture, the Eagles are up for the Title fight.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
and it's easier to push yourself in that aspect when you're playing for a good team. It's a bit early to start talking about the cultures for me. Let's see how Hill pushes himself when WC are down by 50 points after losing the last two matches.

Of course, WC have a better press system than WB, but that's coaching staff notcultures
But he was not good enough at it even when the Dogs were alright.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Round Six Tipping Update

Another good week, mostly. Spikey aside, 6/9 was the worst achieved.

Couldn't in good conscience accept Heef's Pies tip as it was the best part of an hour after KO.

Weekly

skd 8
Benchy 8
howard 8
Jono 8
morgie 8
altoz 8
HDS 7
Brumby 7
Johnners 7
Vimes 6
Spikey 4

No fewer than half a dozen of our number share the weekly honours, with just the Crows' win Sydneyside eluding them all.

Benchy's extra lifts him ahead of me into fourth and Jono and tozz pull themselves ahead of Johnners.

Overall

1) howard 46.04
2) skd 45.04
3) morgie 43.02
4) Benchy 41.02
5) Brumby 41.01
=6) Jono 40.01
=6) altoz 40.01
8) Johnners 39
9) HDS 37
10) Vimes 35.01
11) Spikey 30

Round Seven Fixtures:

Melbourne vs. Hawthorn (MCG)
Adelaide vs. Geelong (Football Park)
Greater Western Sydney vs. Gold Coast (Manuka)
Richmond vs. Sydney (MCG)
Brisbane Lions vs. Collingwood (The Gabba)
Essendon vs. West Coast (Docklands)
North Melbourne vs. Western Bulldogs (Docklands)
Fremantle vs. Port Adelaide (Subiaco)
St Kilda vs. Carlton (Docklands)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Brumby what are the decimal points for? Always wondered.
Weekly bonuses. If you tip the most games correct in any given round you get one; hence you getting one after your 8/9 this week. I use them for tie-break purposes when people are level on actual tips.

IIRC it was SBI's wheeze originally.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol @ AFL 360 and On The Couch spraying the **** out of Melbourne for having their kindergarten captains Grimes and Trengove on the bench to star the match.

What the **** is Neeld doing?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Did I read properly on twitter that Robbo called for Wojak to get a heap of weeks for his hit on Viney?

I think it's a hard case to prosecute without slow motion replays and better quality cameras, he may deserve another two but it doesn't have the extreme malice seen in other examples. The other thing is whether the VFL holds the head as sacrosanct as the AFL in its decision making.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ch33rs to the ****s who posted tips/LMS for me.

Harley Bennell is going to be a star. Moves so ***ually.
I think this was after his 1st or 2nd game of AFL football iirc. **** he was good on the weekend. If he stops being a **** **** off the field he can win Brownlows.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Stop predicting every **** to win a Brownlow you dickhead.

Nah in all seriousness, good call. Also rate your call re: Dangerfield a few years back.