• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Round One Tipping Update

Lazy ****s the lot of you.

Fair spread of ability for the opening stanza; the round's best and fairest being the dav's 7/9 and the biggest Barry Crocker was Vimes's three.

Best tipping effort was Jono and skd calling the Power downing St Kilda and most epic flails were Jono's and Vimes's mistaken beliefs that Richmond and the Gold Coast respectively had chances.

Weekly

skd 7
howard 6
Johnners 6
morgie 5
Benchy 5
Jono 5
Brumby 4
altoz 4
Vimes 3

Fixtures for Round Two:

Brisbane Lions vs. Carlton (The Gabba)
Essendon vs. Port Adelaide (Docklands)
Sydney vs. Fremantle (SCG)
West Coast vs. Melbourne (Subiaco)
Adelaide vs. Western Bulldogs (Football Park)
Collingwood vs. Richmond (MCG)
North Melbourne vs. Greater Western Sydney (Bellerive)
St Kilda vs. Gold Coast (Docklands)
Geelong vs. Hawthorn (MCG)

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Brisbane Lions vs. Carlton (The Gabba)
Essendon vs. Port Adelaide (Docklands)
Sydney vs. Fremantle (SCG)
West Coast vs. Melbourne (Subiaco)
Adelaide vs. Western Bulldogs (Football Park)
Collingwood vs. Richmond (MCG)
North Melbourne vs. Greater Western Sydney (Bellerive)
St Kilda vs. Gold Coast (Docklands)
Geelong vs. Hawthorn (MCG)

Why is a Geelong home game in Melbourne?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Because that's how it always is when they play big membership teams like Hawthorn, Collingwood, Essendon and Carlton. Particularly the Geelong vs. Hawthorn Easter Monday game which seems to be becoming a mini-tradition now.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Because that's how it always is when they play big membership teams like Hawthorn, Collingwood, Essendon and Carlton. Particularly the Geelong vs. Hawthorn Easter Monday game which seems to be becoming a mini-tradition now.
Yeah, basically when we get a big rivalry going with anyone, we'll push that game to the MCG. It happened in recent times with St Kilda as well, although wouldn't be surprised if over the next couple of years they are coming down the Highway.

Basically, where we can draw 50-60K+, we will use the MCG. We were tied into Docklands for a while, not sure if the stuff with the 'G now is contractual or just while we've been successful because the crowds will be far bigger than what Docklands can hold. Think we still have to have a certain number of home games at Skilled too (around 7-9).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Will be back in Melbourne for Easter Monday and going again to Hawks vs. Cats like I do every time :cool:

Meanwhile:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The haves and have nots in AFL are pretty quickly ID'ed these days aren't they? I think it's the one real weakness in the comp atm.

That and the confected made for TV "blockbusters" which are planned months in advance and turn out to be 11th v 9th. Takes something away I think.

Still, it will be a good year I think. North and Richmond will both miss out, so anything else is a bonus.

/trollface

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The haves and have nots in AFL are pretty quickly ID'ed these days aren't they? I think it's the one real weakness in the comp atm.
What are you referring to here? As in rich clubs. vs. poor clubs?

In 2010 the Bulldogs and St Kilda both made the top 4. Hardly rich clubs by any stretch.