• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A cheat is a cheat

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it's probably Marble Bar tbh, but if we're limiting it to State or Territory capitals then it would have to be either Brisbane or Darwin, even though both have potable water and no open sewer running through them. Climatically similar, not much goes on in either of them and the locals have gone Troppo.

Burgey

Yeah Dubbo not a bad shout, but at least Western Plains Zoo means there's something interesting there, unlike Chennai.

Come to think of it, Darwin has that joint where you can swim with crocodiles, so that makes it a lot better than Chennai too. So that basically leaves Brisbane. I'd tend to rule out Perth tbh, as there are wineries not too far away. it has amazing beaches too, whereas the mental giants who built Brisbane decided to have a sub-tropical capital near one of the world's great coastlines built inland on a fetid, stinking river and had to actually build a man-made beach a hundred years later to make up for it.

Both still miles better than Chennai though. Australia's Chennai may well be Oodnadatta.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
FMD that's a low joint, isn't it? Dated a girl from there when I was in high school. It's like Pompeii for the living - not much goes on after dark.
It'd be hard to picture you with a can of Bundy Rum in your hand Burgey, that's for sure.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Sounds good in theory, but with all the noise they're making about over rates you'd have to think a measure like this would do nothing but slow the play down even further.
On the other hand, it could speed things up.

Throw ball into keeper. He passes it to umpire. If there is a ball shiner, he is there and shines ball, then straight to bowler. As it currently is, one dickhead passes it to the next dickhead while they chat and all have a go at putting some **** and shine on the ball before passing it through all the in fielders to the bowler. This also keeps the umpire fully aware of teh state of the ball - he is effectively keeping track of it every ball.

This method has 1 ball chuck - one shine - job done.

Burgey

I have in the past been known to drink Bundy. Tend more to double vodka, lime and sodas in tall glasses now though. Don't give me hangovers anywhere near as bad as other drinks.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I have in the past been known to drink Bundy. Tend more to double vodka, lime and sodas in tall glasses now though. Don't give me hangovers anywhere near as bad as other drinks.
The Ben Stokes drink of choice innit?

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
On the other hand, it could speed things up.

Throw ball into keeper. He passes it to umpire. If there is a ball shiner, he is there and shines ball, then straight to bowler. As it currently is, one dickhead passes it to the next dickhead while they chat and all have a go at putting some **** and shine on the ball before passing it through all the in fielders to the bowler. This also keeps the umpire fully aware of teh state of the ball - he is effectively keeping track of it every ball.

This method has 1 ball chuck - one shine - job done.
Maybe, but on the other hand having the umpires inspect the ball after each & every delivery is bound to slow down play somewhat.