• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A cheat is a cheat

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yep this had been said plenty of times, by plenty of people, but that doesn't make it any more wrong. Unfortunately how it sounds to you has little bearing on reality.
I agree. It's quite disgusting that people still think Smith had a big role in this.

Lots of parallels between poor Steve Smith and Brendan Dassey actually. Both especially susceptible to coercion because of their social disabilities and brainfades. If there is any justice in this world their respective false confessions should be thrown out and penalties overturned.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The English don't need lip balm because it's 21 and cloudy during summer, though it doesn't rain in June.

Victor Ian

International Coach
It seems quite simple to get rid of ball tampering if they are really serious. No need to write hundred page reviews.

Pass the ball to the umpire as soon as it is dead. He will deliver it to the bowler. If anyone wishes to shine the ball, they can do so in front of the umpire, who can ask to check their hands if need be - when he suspects they have wiped off their sunscreen, lipbalm, pimple puss or sharpened their finger nails. Holding the ball unnecessarily long can result in a warning/penalty. This will mean the only opportunity to tamper is with the bowler as he prepares to run in. The square umpire can be watching him and typically he is being watched by the tv cameras.

Seems as simple as piss.

What else?

Regarding sledging... I presume, that if someone said something really funny that cracked me up, I would just hold up play for a minute until I composed myself again, similar to a fly annoying me as I get ready to face. Likewise, if someone pisses me off, I should just take my time. If batsmen did this, it would soon cause the fielding team to miss bowling quotas, such they it would be in their interests to shut up. yeah/nah? I have never played at anything more than e grade club level.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
It seems quite simple to get rid of ball tampering if they are really serious. No need to write hundred page reviews.

Pass the ball to the umpire as soon as it is dead. He will deliver it to the bowler. If anyone wishes to shine the ball, they can do so in front of the umpire, who can ask to check their hands if need be - when he suspects they have wiped off their sunscreen, lipbalm, pimple puss or sharpened their finger nails. Holding the ball unnecessarily long can result in a warning/penalty. This will mean the only opportunity to tamper is with the bowler as he prepares to run in. The square umpire can be watching him and typically he is being watched by the tv cameras.

Seems as simple as piss.
Sounds good in theory, but with all the noise they're making about over rates you'd have to think a measure like this would do nothing but slow the play down even further.

trundler

Quite possibly the worst back and forth not involving ***** that I've read here. Neither here nor there. 3/10.

Burgey

I heard on RN this morning the story about the woman released by the Supreme (High?) Court over the blasphemy charges after she had been sentenced to death in lower jurisdictions, and apparently it's caused a kerfuffle. I hadn't heard about the story before, but is it making a lot of waves over there, or is it something that's pretty much gone through to the keeper and it's an overseas media blow up*?

*Much like the allegations against Warner, Smith and Bancroft.

trundler

Not a blow up at all mate. They aren't allowing media coverage of protests but these loonies are going bat ****. Schools, offices and businesses had to be closed today. The traffic situation is pretty **** in bigger cities. A mate of mine's Uber got attacked. Insanity.

Burgey

Well, stay safe mate.

On a side note, what’s Imran doing about this? Is he going to charge in with the new rock like in England or sit back and play purely as a batsman like he used to here because it was too hot?

Last edited: