• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

8th thread - pick the Aus attack at Cardiff

Pick the attack

• Total voters

Antihippy

International Debutant
I actually do think that lyon is far better on a green seamer where he can get speed and bounce as opposed to a SC pitch where it spins big but the spin is low and slow.

Debris

International 12th Man
I actually do think that lyon is far better on a green seamer where he can get speed and bounce as opposed to a SC pitch where it spins big but the spin is low and slow.
But do you think he is better than any of the 4 quicks on a green seamer?

Swingpanzee

International Regular
yeah bounce helps lyon more than huge spin.

All pace attack is playing it wrong, green seamer or not.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'm gradually moving away from Starc towards Johnson tbh. Still don't think he'll do anything though.

howardj

International Coach
I can't believe we're seriously contemplating leaving Harris out, like we did in the 1st Test of 2013

adub

International Captain
I'm not sure 'we' (Marsh, Boof, Junior) are. I get the feeling for them it's more Starc v Haze tbh with Starc favoured. I hope I'm wrong on that, but sniffing the wind it looks a little like that. Fingers crossed Haze and Rhino tear Essex a new one to end the debate.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
I'm not sure 'we' (Marsh, Boof, Junior) are. I get the feeling for them it's more Starc v Haze tbh with Starc favoured. I hope I'm wrong on that, but sniffing the wind it looks a little like that. Fingers crossed Haze and Rhino tear Essex a new one to end the debate.
Can't see how anyone would question Haze's place in the side, it's all just silly speculation.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I seem to recall Waugh on comms saying he wasn't traveling to England so selection was Rods problem.

Gob

International Coach
the thing is baring the last test, all the other 5 tests that haze bowled in were played on pretty flat wickets. cant blame people for fantasizing some lethal stuff from him in real helpful conditions.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
the thing is baring the last test, all the other 5 tests that haze bowled in were played on pretty flat wickets. cant blame people for fantasizing some lethal stuff from him in real helpful conditions.
None of the tests in West Indies were played on 'flat' decks.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
yeah but the 1st one wasn't conductive to fast bowling at all.
Wrong. Spinners were unplayable, and fast bowlers were difficult to play. It was a bowling pitch - and turn was not the only reason; there was variabnle bounce etc. Watch Jerome Taylor, Mitch.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
It's not even about the fact that Haze has played on flat pitches or anything, that guy has probably the best control of the 4 pacers atm (given Harris sounds to be a bit rusty atm), ever since I've seen him he's been seriously miserly and also a wicket-taking option, basically McGrath-esque. What's not to like?