• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

8th Match - South Africa v India

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Burner

International Regular
Sad to see this happen to SA. Could have been contenders. Seem overwhelmed by things.
They are going through this because they aren't good enough imo. Not because of pressure for me. Haven't rated them for this WC.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good win. Always had the game under control. Slightly pedestrian batting performance but can't complain too much knowing the required rate and eventual outcome. Was pretty important to start off well given we have a lot of tough games coming up, this will ensure the pressure is not too high straightaway.

SeamUp

International Coach
Well played India. Really well oiled limited overs unit. It is a nice feeling to have.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They are going through this because they aren't good enough imo. Not because of pressure for me. Haven't rated them for this WC.
Yeah, agree, but it still seems like they always get depressed after losing Steyn. He's a talisman for them. Also, dropping Markram, what even is that (not that he is excellent or anything)

Bolo

State Captain
Rohit practically soloed that innings. Unbeaten 100, 3 times more runs than anyone else. Fast enough to allow the other bats to faf.

One of the great WC innings on paper?

Niall

International Coach
Rohit practically soloed that innings. Unbeaten 100, 3 times more runs than anyone else. Fast enough to allow the other bats to faf.

One of the great WC innings on paper?
Nice innings, but small total against a mediocre side and it wasn't exactly do or die tbh.

Didn't Dhawan score a century against a much better Saffer side a few years ago? That would be of more worth for sure.

Last edited:

Bahseph

State Captain
Managed to catch most of SA's bowling innings. If Rohit has a good WC I don't think there can be any doubt about him being a ODI great. Just looked a level above today, even if he had a nervy start.

Rabada and Morris were excellent. Phehlukwayo has been quite good. Shamsi and Tahir massive let downs. The team just looks shot.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That probably does it for South Africa now. My call at the innings break looking pretty accurate.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
That probably does it for South Africa now. My call at the innings break looking pretty accurate.
Not necessarily, but they are now in a position where they need to win just about every match which is obviously a bad one to be in (even more so when you're SA). They've got a little break now which is desperately needed. The game against WI will be huge.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I week in and SA look like they're down and out. Every game is must win for them now and they still have England, NZ and Australia to play.

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
Well played India. Really well oiled limited overs unit. It is a nice feeling to have.
Yep, India looks the goods. No apparent weaknesses, and stacked with world class players. This is officially India's World Cup to lose now.

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
Nah you'll see India's weaknesses when we lose an early wicket during a 300+ run chase
Such false modesty. It's obvious that India will obliterate all challengers as they stroll to the title. Anything less would be a choke of epic proportions.