• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

6th Team Options?

6th team options?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cbuts

International Debutant
If this whole thing was a commercial enterprise then I'd fully support foreigners mixing in. However this is for our enjoyment first and foremost and therefore the more of us playing, the better. There is absolutely nothing in this setup for those that sign up with less than impressive stats. Realistic? Sure, in some ways - but then, in the real world you can put more time in than others to better yourself, you can have other things to do, etc. In this game, if you want to play, you have to have good stats.
id still like to see a 6th team come in. If numbers do get stretched a bit far - international duty or injuries etc. why cant we generate a random computer player? at least it will see far more players getting a game. At the moment, 6 - 7 guess are going to miss out from most games, they will get bored with the concept and in the end become a inactive player

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hopefully we will see a return of grade cricket this season so those guys get some game time, we'll see though.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
90 odd players, 15 locals per side. 17 if you add two overseas players. How many players do we really need to have a 6th side. 17 is fine for mine and even if some side has crazy number of players in a ODI squad and board for some reason doesn't release the fringe players. There is the option of loans. Even though squads are sorted it wouldn't be much of an issue for the current sides to give three players to a sixth team.

I think overseas players in local sides will add something extra to game too. If done properly like the Twenty20 comp or the Masters players. I'm sure we will get reasonable players who are likely to come over, basically top domestic players like county cricket. So the players wouldn't dominate our comp.

There is nothing wrong with byes from captain's and simmers POV. But you don't have to have all six sides play every matchday. 2 games each matchday is fine. For mine I think it should be looked at a bit more. There is more pros then cons imo.

Just my two cents.

Simon

We do have 92 players but I'd guess about 15 of them will be inactive by seasons end, so theres a side right there basically. Unless we get to the stage there is 100-110 players there wont be a sixth Cricketweb side, but if we get that number then things like an international player could be considered.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Might be able to help with grade, assuming ITC is used.
Personally I think Grade would be a lot easier to manage if we just made every player available for every Grade game unless they were injured. I imagine it'd be a nightmare trying to figure out player eligibility and rejig the teams for each game, and a lot of the games end up largely irrelevant as it stands anyway due to large proportion of filler players.

Simon

Personally I think Grade would be a lot easier to manage if we just made every player available for every Grade game unless they were injured. I imagine it'd be a nightmare trying to figure out player eligibility and rejig the teams for each game, and a lot of the games end up largely irrelevant as it stands anyway due to large proportion of filler players.
As I've mentioned, with the bye this season theres only 44 of the 92 players playing on a Dev League match day which means more than half could be available for grade at any given time.
I agree though there does need to be an easier way to manage selections etc... I'm trying to come up with something as we speak.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
You generally have 15-20 players sign up during the season and off season, which normally counter the guys that go inactive. Who knows you may have less guys go inactive if they is more chance of gametime or more rivary.

If you got up to 100, that would just mean you can reduce the number of internationals to 1 and if you got up to 110 you can take out the internationals and go back to all domestic players. 110 players would be 18 locals per side.

Last edited:

Simon

Its definitely something to think about, we arent shutting the door on a sixth team but it's obviously not gonna happen for Season XV.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would object to internationals as i wouldn't play them over CW players, making them irrelevant and just filler.