• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

5th Test at The Oval, London

Spark

Global Moderator
Wonder if this will end up like the Adelaide test against India where the tail got fairly close but not enough to really look like it was on
Tbh this feels like a lot of unrealistically large chases, where the intensity kind of drops once the fielding side has run through the top order.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Ever been a player with more of a cloud over him after scoring two centuries in a series? Not saying Aus selectors are liable to view Wade in such a negative light but common opinion would suggest he's not a Test no.5.

Spark

Global Moderator
Ever been a player with more of a cloud over him after scoring two centuries in a series? Not saying Aus selectors are liable to view Wade in such a negative light but common opinion would suggest he's not a Test no.5.
I mean, a Test average starting with a 2 is never a good sign

91Jmay

International Coach
Wade is good I think now, counterattacker probably a spot too high in the order but not a problem for Aus.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm reluctant to say it because he comes across like a good guy, but Paine is a total liability isn't he? Terrible captaincy, terrible batting, WOAT at using reviews, mediocre keeping. Will he be kept around?

Niall

International Coach
I'm reluctant to say it because he comes across like a good guy, but Paine is a total liability isn't he? Terrible captaincy, terrible batting, WOAT at using reviews, mediocre keeping. Will he be kept around?
Smith can't get the captaincy until next year so he may have to be kept despite not been good at anything!

It won't matter v Pakistan as they are useless, but carrying such a passenger might be an issue with a proper side in NZ.