• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

5th Test at The Oval, London

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Christ, they should turn off the stump mic when Australia's in the field. Remarkable amount to say for themselves, for a bunch of almost entirely bog-average cricketers.

And I don't really blame Bairstow for not taking Smith's word for the catch. Bit of work to do before this team's reputation for honesty is re-established.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Buttler just seems a flat out better batsman to me. I know Bairstow has played some excellent innings at this level, more than Buttler, and I know that Buttler's FC record is Paine-esque but you just can't keep getting bowled that often and have pretensions of being a Test match top six bat.
Totally agree about Bairstow not being a test match top 6 nowadays, and clearly Buttler's the one in better form at present. But even in this series, their performances are very similar; Bairstow fractionally head before this innings.

ajdude

International Coach
Too much time in the game left for that to work tbh. Just need to get them all out ASAP.
i mean we could either start batting tonight or we could start batting second session tomorrow, i know what i’d rather cause we ain’t chasing this. i don’t think england would declare any less than 470 cause root’s a ***** bitch

Cubiscus

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Totally agree about Bairstow not being a test match top 6 nowadays, and clearly Buttler's the one in better form at present. But even in this series, their performances are very similar; Bairstow fractionally head before this innings.
Neither have been good enough to cement a place. And we sacked a keeper averaging 40 for this.

Spark

Global Moderator
Christ, they should turn off the stump mic when Australia's in the field. Remarkable amount to say for themselves, for a bunch of almost entirely bog-average cricketers.

And I don't really blame Bairstow for not taking Smith's word for the catch. Bit of work to do before this team's reputation for honesty is re-established.
No batsman should really ever be taking the fielder's word for any catch tbh. And I say that as probably the most aggressively low-catches-are-out poster on this website.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i mean we could either start batting tonight or we could start batting second session tomorrow, i know what i’d rather cause we ain’t chasing this. i don’t think england would declare any less than 470 cause root’s a ***** bitch
They should aim to bat till the first session tomorrow though. That's just being sensible.

Groundking

International Debutant
He seemed to fully switch when he lost the gloves in Sri Lanka, which was clearly the right decision.
Yeah I really don't like him.

Who's the genius who decided to have Beefy and Holding paired together? ****ing hell they're abysmal, Holding should always be with one of Atherton or Nasser as they tame his nonsense and allow his better stuff to come through more.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

Yeah I dont really blame a bog average test cricketer like Jonny wanting that to be not out as he is very close to losing his spot in a bog-average side who are without the Ashes.

greg

International Debutant
Yeah I really don't like him.

Who's the genius who decided to have Beefy and Holding paired together? ****ing hell they're abysmal, Holding should always be with one of Atherton or Nasser as they tame his nonsense and allow his better stuff to come through more.
They just picked out Mike Atherton’s 17 year old son drinking in the crowd ;)