• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

5th Match - South Africa v Bangladesh

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

91Jmay

International Coach
Enjoyed that. Still think BD are too flawed and too reliant on a few players to make the Semis but they aren't going to be a walkover. Good game.

South Africa as poor as I have ever seen them. Old, badly balanced and injury stricken - are we seeing the hollowing out of their depth to county cricket starting to bite?

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Henceforth anyone who calls Shakib a minnow basher ought to be stabbed in front of his parents with an ice pick.

Daemon

Great game. Shakib is so ****ing good at cricket. Better all round performance than Stokes the other day imo.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
South Africa as poor as I have ever seen them. Old, badly balanced and injury stricken - are we seeing the hollowing out of their depth to county cricket starting to bite?
No plenty of talent still. The old part is true, we should have been coming here with a younger squad started 3-4 years ago. But also much of that talent is sitting at 18-22 years of age and not quite there yet.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
With SA I get the vibe that the "process", whatever the **** that means in modern parlance, has taken over any individual form of expression. A team in need of a sports psychologist if ever there was one.

Niall

International Coach
Well that sets the cat among the pigeons doesn't it?

Been a fine way to spend one's time.
Another 5 wins needed maybe to qualify?

I think England, India and Australia are to strong,,,but its possible they can get wins against everyone else for sure.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Another 5 wins needed maybe to qualify?

I think England, India and Australia are to strong,,,but its possible they can get wins against everyone else for sure.
India aren't, so don't feel too down. The balltalk of India being contenders has been to keep the huge Indian contingent happy. I can easily see Rabada and Steyn if fit piercing holes in that top order on Wednesday.

Niall

International Coach
India aren't, so don't feel too down. The balltalk of India being contenders has been to keep the huge Indian contingent happy. I can easily see Rabada and Steyn if fit piercing holes in that top order on Wednesday.
I was referring to Bangladesh, should have made that clearer in my post.:)

South Africa look very average, unless AB comes back then they are ****ed.

Slifer

International Captain
This win kinda puts into perspective Bangladesh's recent tri nations win. They're not the push overs of old. Maybe not quite title contenders but capable of beating any team not named India.

tooextracool

International Coach
Wouldn't be a stretch to call this the best game of the tournament thus far. There was a certain tension throughout that was palpable even if Bangladesh were on top for all of it. South Africa lost the game in their head well before they came out to bat and seemed scared to lose even though man for man they are probably a better side. I am happy for Bangladesh though, this success is not a one-off and wouldn't be surprised if they go far in the tournament.

On an unrelated note, I am not used to seeing South Africa as an ordinary fielding side. What happened?

Burgey

My exclusive prediction of no side getting within 20 while chasing a score greater than 320 still on point. Just.

Saffers probably down for now. Going to be a very tough road to the semis from here.