• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

5th Match - South Africa v Bangladesh

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Holy **** - world cup has already started? I just randomly checked cricinfo and it shows we're a bunch of games into it already. Shows you how far I've drifted away from LO cricket in the past 10-15 years....

Up until 2003, I would have looked forwards to this for months...

Kirkut

International Regular
It's okay silentstriker, cricket purists like you achieved nirvana a long time ago. You gained mystical powers and time traveled to somewhere in the early 1970s to watch an intense 15 over spell from Holding at his youthful peak to Boycott on the greenest pitch in an English countryside, just before you came back to the present and realized that World Cup started.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
SA already in a must-win situation now in their next match against India, while it is the first match for India. Weird scheduling.

With India being slow starters in general, I will definitely put my money on SA winning this match.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
SA already in a must-win situation now in their next match against India, while it is the first match for India. Weird scheduling.

With India being slow starters in general, I will definitely put my money on SA winning this match.
India has been doing exceedingly well in early stages of ICC tournaments in this decade. Not that history counts for much.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
BTW folks, was there any naagin dance last night?
I had the same question, but probably not.

They reserve that one for the really big wins, like qualifying for the Nidahas Trophy finals. WC matches are small potatoes in comparison.

cnerd123

likes this
BTW folks, was there any naagin dance last night?
Not that I saw. Mash has said he wants the team to stay calm and focus on the remaining 8 games. Doesn't want this to be the BD team of the old, where one major scalp in the WC is enough to deem it a good tournament.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
It's okay silentstriker, cricket purists like you achieved nirvana a long time ago. You gained mystical powers and time traveled to somewhere in the early 1970s to watch an intense 15 over spell from Holding at his youthful peak to Boycott on the greenest pitch in an English countryside, just before you came back to the present and realized that World Cup started.
To achieve nirvana, you must suffer first. I have been to the valley, and have indeed reached moksha.

Bahseph

State Captain
One thing I appreciate about the members of this forum is the ability to differentiate what is a choke and what is a poor performance. The media back home in SA doesn't seem to understand it.

Man, we have been poor. Across the board. Those last four overs were the nail in the coffin, and Faf saying that Ngidi was our death bowler shows that he had no back up plan. I'm over seeing Morris and Duminy in SA colours. Duminy has never scored a hundred against anyone other than Zim and an associate. I know this off the top of my head,that's how glaring it is.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
SA need to get Steyn back in the side ASAP. They need to attack and take wickets now they find themselves in this position. Get them crazy eyes back in the side.
That apparently was the plan, because batting sucks. But poor selection combined with who the hell knows what, decided that they redraw the plan on the back of a napkin during the flight over.

Bahseph

State Captain
That apparently was the plan, because batting sucks. But poor selection combined with who the hell knows what, decided that they redraw the plan on the back of a napkin during the flight over.
Everything they spoke about in the build up has not happened. I'm still not going to buy the injuries as excuses. You have a chance to pick 15 players, so cover your damn bases.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
One thing I appreciate about the members of this forum is the ability to differentiate what is a choke and what is a poor performance. The media back home in SA doesn't seem to understand it.

Man, we have been poor. Across the board. Those last four overs were the nail in the coffin, and Faf saying that Ngidi was our death bowler shows that he had no back up plan. I'm over seeing Morris and Duminy in SA colours. Duminy has never scored a hundred against anyone other than Zim and an associate. I know this off the top of my head,that's how glaring it is.
People are calling it a choke? Sigh. That's just a very, VERY average team that people were naming as a semi-final lock before hand but really they're a million miles off it. Carrying so many players past their use-by dates and some at the other end of the scale...with only really de Kock in the productive middle.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Everything they spoke about in the build up has not happened. I'm still not going to buy the injuries as excuses. You have a chance to pick 15 players, so cover your damn bases.
Having all the fast bowlers come under an injury cloud just before the WC has not helped. And losing Nortje altogether was a blow. But Morris was not the answer, if they going to pick Morris it should have been originally in place of Pretorius. I would have preferred Hendricks, that`s how bad it is, but at least he gives something different.