• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at the Gabba, Brisbane, 15 - 19 Jan 2021

Shri

Mr. Glass
doesn't help that he's a terrible wicketkeeper.

Goddamn it what if he's our Kamran Akmal (in the 'rocks-or-diamonds batting with terrible keeping' way, and not in the 'he was probably a match fixer' kinda way)
lol he's not going to be a ****ty bat like kakmal

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
doesn't help that he's a terrible wicketkeeper.

Goddamn it what if he's our Kamran Akmal (in the 'rocks-or-diamonds batting with terrible keeping' way, and not in the 'he was probably a match fixer' kinda way)
He is nowhere near that bad. In fact he has kept wickets better than Paine on this series. He took a few good ones as well.

He can improve his keeping like Dhoni did.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
For people who follow Ranji Trophy, how does Pant's keeping compare to Sanju Sampson and Ishan Kishan? Do people expect those guys to be in the test team at some stage?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
That article implying India were in on match fixing - the entire team - and just for McCollum might be the worse thing I’ve read on the internet in years. And that includes the QAnon posts.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Fun fact about Natarajan: he's played 41 T20 games but only made 5 runs.

He's managed to only bat four times, but still, I've never seen a more vacant looking batting stats section for a 29 year old Test player:

View attachment 26917
And I can assure you that he would not have seen the ball on 80% of the deliveries he faced there, just like he admitted in Brisbane.

Smudge49

U19 12th Man
Hey everyone, felt like this was a good day to join in with cricket enthusiasts like y"ll and celebrate the game we had at the Gabba. Absolutely gutted as an Aussie fan with the result but good on the Indian team to hang in there and make such a comeback.

This series result might be a bit of a surprise for many, but as Aussie fan who follows the team closely I saw this coming from a mile ago.

The press are exclusively throwing the Aussie batters under the bus, but Paine's leadership is the real issue here. If he remains the captain from here on in, not only he will bowl the current bowling attack into the ground, but more importantly his leadership is encouraging a culture of appearing to be doing the right things as team with results and performances taking bit of a backseat.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
For people who follow Ranji Trophy, how does Pant's keeping compare to Sanju Sampson and Ishan Kishan? Do people expect those guys to be in the test team at some stage?
Sanju is better. Can't comment on Ishan Kishan, but for some reason I believe he's kinda like Pant.

cnerd123

likes this
Hey everyone, felt like this was a good day to join in with cricket enthusiasts like y"ll and celebrate the game we had at the Gabba. Absolutely gutted as an Aussie fan with the result but good on the Indian team to hang in there and make such a comeback.

This series result might be a bit off a surprise for many, but as Aussie fan who follows the team closely I saw this coming from a mile ago.

The press are exclusively throwing the Aussie batters under the bus, but Paine's leadership is the real issue here. If he remains the captain from here on in, not only he will bowl the current bowling attack into the ground, but more importantly his leadership is encouraging a culture of appearing to be doing the right things as team with results and performances taking bit of a backseat.
welcome to the forums smudge. I think fellow poster @Gnske would agree with you.

Who do you think should be captain instead?

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What a test series. 36 all out with hopes low after that match.

Enter Rahane. His century was the catalyst for India resurgence. He’s gotten match winnners/warriors(not Sandeep Warrier)...massive respect for this Kohl’s-less team.

I think I like the Indian team more without Kohli in it...they mean business.

And Rahane is just a chill dude man...I appreciate the gesture he did after winning the test series against Afghanistan.

cnerd123

likes this
India sure are producing some absolute rabbits. I can't wait for Bumrah to find himself strolling out at #8 with his Test average of 1.7 one day because "hey at least I made that 50 against Australia A four years ago".
I love how cricket is moving past the 'bowlers should be able to bat a bit' mindset that lead to even Glenn McGrath scoring a fifty. Bowlers around the world are proper bunnies again, and are winning matches with the ball while being hapless with the bat. Real 90s vibes.

Smudge49

U19 12th Man
welcome to the forums smudge. I think fellow poster @Gnske would agree with you.

Who do you think should be captain instead?
Thanks mate, as for the skipper as much as I love Smithy, I think his time as the leader of this team has kind of passed nor do I think Cricket Australia has any interest going back to him.

I believe in picking our best XI and then picking the leader from among them. From the current bunch Labuschagne will be my captain, I would love Patty Cummins to lead the test team but with amount of overs the poor lad is being made to bowl, a long injury layoff is around the corner for him.

Also would like to put it out there, everytime I hear someone say Head is a future captain, by brain heads to cringe-station.