• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at the Gabba, Brisbane, 15 - 19 Jan 2021

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Other than D/N Tests I don't think so, no.
Skulls' point re this only being the third ever test here in January in history may well have something to do with this. It's the most god awful, fetid and rank time of year up in that **** hole.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Let me take this opportunity to broadly impugn anyone who bowls an inswinger as a stock ball. It's just an inferior form of bowling. Doesn't test the outside edge or make the batsman play outside their eye line. It should be way easier to keep out a ball coming in under your eyes than moving away from it.

I give this decidedly B-grade type of bowling a look of withering condescension, and I've already dismissed any bowler you ****s are going to proffer as a counter-examples
They had a graphic earlier that said Labu averages 33 against in swing and 128 against outswing. I don't trust those stats a bit but hey

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Let me take this opportunity to broadly impugn anyone who bowls an inswinger as a stock ball. It's just an inferior form of bowling. Doesn't test the outside edge or make the batsman play outside their eye line. It should be way easier to keep out a ball coming in under your eyes than moving away from it.

I give this decidedly B-grade type of bowling a look of withering condescension, and I've already dismissed any bowler you ****s are going to proffer as a counter-examples
Inswing used to be such an effective form of bowling at stopping the batsmen scoring (though partly as they padded away anything outside off rather than attempting to score) that they limited the fielders behind square to discourage it. That's all leg theory was, if you move the ball away bowl on off stump and put the close catchers on the off side, if you move the ball in bowl on leg stump and put the close catchers on the leg side.