• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at the Gabba, Brisbane, 15 - 19 Jan 2021

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Someone has the telly on and I've just seen the replay for Harris' dismissal. **** me.

Still quite a bit of swing out there, which is surprising.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
It's Tha-koor, as old mate said above. But

The Tha is an asphyrated "th" where you leave some space between tongue and palette and release a burst of air when pronouncing the "th". Like you do with the "th" in "thigh".

And without the long "o" on "koor", and without the "r" being pronounced, it sounds weird as ****.

'Shardul "Ta-keh" from the Vulture Street end'... **** my life.
Yes I was going to specify it wasnt a proper 'th', more the tongue thing, but I thought it would be too much for these folk.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's Tha-koor, as old mate said above. But

The Tha is an asphyrated "t" where you leave some space between tongue and palette and release a burst of air when pronouncing the "t". Sort of like you do with the "th" in "thigh", but it's a "t". It's very, very hard for English speakers.

I don't expect anyone to get that right, but without the long "o" on "koor", and without the "r" being pronounced, it sounds weird as ****.

'Shardul "Ta-keh" from the Vulture Street end'... **** my life.
Yeah that th is the hardest thing for Aussies to the point where I think not doing 'correctly' should fall more into the accent category than the mispronunciation one.

Pronouncing it like the H isn't there is realistically closer than pronouncing it like in the word "that" too, really.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Has the Gabba offered this much sideways movement recently, seems to be a lot more than I'm used to seeing ? Would be a great session if they got one of these two before lunch.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Shardul s issues all to see in that one over. Drew the false shot from Smith but the back up delivery is a half volley. A regular AA, that one.

Just so good that our levels are now good enough for him not to be an automatic selection.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Has the Gabba offered this much sideways movement recently, seems to be a lot more than I'm used to seeing ? Would be a great session if they got one of these two before lunch.
Often does a bit in the first session and then just completely flattens our for four days after lunch. Has been a little more than normal today though, slightly closer to a Gabba Shield wicket.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Shardul s issues all to see in that one over. Drew the false shot from Smith but the back up delivery is a half volley. A regular AA, that one.

Just so good that our levels are now good enough for him not to be an automatic selection.
Haha Agarkar is a great comparison. Even the batting - obviously talented but so little application that he doesn't even score useful runs domestically.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Often does a bit in the first session and then just completely flattens our for four days after lunch. Has been a little more than normal today though, slightly closer to a Gabba Shield wicket.
Do you reckon it's because they don't usually hold the Gabba test this time of the year?

Aritro

International Regular
Let me take this opportunity to broadly impugn anyone who bowls an inswinger as a stock ball. It's just an inferior form of bowling. Doesn't test the outside edge or make the batsman play outside their eye line. It should be way easier to keep out a ball coming in under your eyes than moving away from it.

I give this decidedly B-grade type of bowling a look of withering condescension, and I've already dismissed any bowler you ****s are going to proffer as a counter-examples